The Levi Squad

Cori was following Levi to a room. There stood Commander Erwin. They hadn't brought Eren in yet. "Why this one Levi?" Erwin asked. "She was top of her cadet corps and she has a high titan kill count," he said nonchalantly. "Really what is it?" a person with glasses said. "23," Cori said. "Ohh," they said getting closer to Cori. "Hange," Levi warned. "Oh sorry. I'm Section Commander Hange Zoe!" They said.

Eren was brought in and sat on a couch. He was given some tissues to wipe the blood from his face. "Cori? What are you doing here?" Eren asked. "I'm here to help keep you under control," she said. Levi made his way over to Eren and sat down. "I hope you don't hate me I had to do that to make sure they didn't give you to the Military Police," Levi said. "Its alright. I understand," Eren said. Cori was leaning against a wall. "Otterlin, you'll be in the Levi Squad I do hope you don't mind," Erwin said. Cori nodded.

***

They were at the old headquarters for the Scout Regiment. It was old and so they began to clean it. Cori was on the top floor with Eren. She had a rag and was wiping a table. She could smell all the chemicals in the air, her hair held back by a cloth, another one covering her mouth.

Petra was up on that floor too. Levi came up. "Captain Levi I've finished cleaning!" Eren exclaimed putting his hand at his heart. "No you didn't," Levi said. Eren's eyes went wide and he hastily got back to cleaning. He was really scared of him, huh. Cori stiffled a laugh at Eren's reaction. Levi turned sharply to face her and Cori immediately stopped. She wasn't intimidated easily but something about the way the short man's gaze fell on her didn't sit well with her. She couldn't understand how someone so short was so scary. "Otterlin may I talk with you?" he asked though he wasn't really asking. Cori nodded and followed him out of the room. As she was passing Eren he whispered, "Your screwed."

Cori looked at the short man as they descended into the basement. "Help me clean, Eren's going to be staying here," he commanded. Cori nodded and started cleaning but soon found herself staring at him again. Something about that cold glare ticked her off. She didn't like how easily intimidating she was. Cori was 5'4 and the man came up to a little above her eyes. He couldn't be taller than 5'2.

"Oi, brat what you staring at?" he questioned. She merely looked at him before making the biggest mistake of her life. "Why are you so small?" He glared even more and walked over towards her. It was only then that Cori remember Petra saying how she shouldn't mention Levi's height under any circumstance. Well shit.

"Ask that again," he said. "No thank you," she said. He looked at her before backing away slightly. "Cori Otterlin. Your father wouldn't happen to be Don Otterlin?" he asked. Cori was taken aback. She knew her father was in the scout regiment but it was only for 2 months before he was killed.

"Yes," Cori said. "I knew him," Levi said. "He was a nice person. As he was dying he told me that he had a daughter and that he didn't want to leave them," he paused for a second. "You look a lot like him you know."

Cori stared at the little man, she didn't know how to respond. He put a hand on her shoulder. "Don't die, consider that an order." Cori nodded and they got back to cleaning.

***

That night the Levi squad was gathered around a table when Section Commander Hange Zoe walked in. They were in charge of the titan experiments. "Hello," they said taking a seat next to Eren. "Hi," Eren said. "You look tired," said Cori. "That's because I've been working with the titans all day!" they exclaimed excitedly. "Can you tell me about it?!" Eren asked. Hange's eyes went wide. "Yes!" Hange said. At that moment Levi and the rest of his squad got up and left. Cori and Eren looked at each other before shrugging shoulders.

The rest of the night Hange talked about the titans. They had named the titans Swaney and Bean. Hange went into great deal about the experiments and their overall fascination with them. Cori ended up falling asleep. She had no idea how Hange was able to keep talking that long.

The sunlight was seeping through and Cori felt herself being nudged, it was Eren. "Come on we got to go!" Right. Sometime last night they had agreed to go to the experiments. Cori freshened up and went with Eren to the experiments. Eren was wearing a hood in order to conceal his identity. Cori stood by him. There were a lot of people there.

Just as they were making there way up to the titans they heard a loud scream. Eren and Cori ran forward. "MY BABIES!" Hange screamed. Cori looked in shock. Both titans were dead. "Were so sorry," a soldier said approaching Hange. "They were killed at some point in the night." Hange grabbed them by their shirt. "Well do you know who killed them?!" they said. The soldier shook his head and they dropped him. "Were searching though Section Commander!" the soldier said before walking away.

"Who would want to kill the titans?" Eren said. Cori looked at him with an irritated look. "For starters you," she said. "No like these titans, the ones we were explicitly told not to kill?!" Cori shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know but it must've have been important to whoever did it."

Suddenly, Erwin walked behind them. "Who do you think our enemy is?" he asked them. Eren looked shocked that Erwin had asked that question. Cori just stared at the commander. Of course one would be tempted to answer that question with titans but the way he said it made it seem like the enemy was something else. He looked at Eren and Cori waiting for an answer before looking down. "Sorry what a silly thing to ask," he turned and walked away with Levi.

Cori was confused she looked at Eren. Could there be other people like him? Cori was almost certain the Colossal Titan was like Eren, a person. The way it took out all those canons strategically. Is that what Erwin meant? She felt someone tap her shoulder and she looked to Eren. "You okay?" he asked. Cori nodded. "Just zoned out," she said before turning to follow the commander. Eren stared at her a little before following.

A/N I consider Hange a they just so you know. Their gender is never specified and up for interpretation so I just consider them a they.