The 9 Titans

Members of the scout regiment were gathered along a long table, trying to figure out how to deal with Rod's titan. They had formulated a plan, involving Eren's titan. Erwin was currently talking to Historia about her becoming the new queen. After some back and forth, she agreed but she stated she wanted to help in the destruction of her father. Erwin eventually agreed.

With the plans finalized they prepared to leave when Annie called their attention. Erwin stared at her before ushering the scout regiment out, leaving Hange, the Levi Squad and himself in the room. "Yes?" he asked. Annie looked to Cori for reassurance. Cori nodded.

Annie looked directly into the Commanders eyes and started explaining. She explained the nine titans and how people could transform into titans. She explained that the only way to reverse a transformation was to have a titan eat a titan shifter. Erwin listened intently and there was no denying the curious spark in his eyes. They seemed to light up with every word Annie was saying. Levi didn't fail to notice this.

Once Annie was finished explaining the room went silent as everyone tried to process the information. Cori took Annie's hand in hers and gave it a soft squeeze. Annie squeezed in return. Annie had once again neglected to mention Marley and the state of the rest of the world. It just wasn't the right time but she needed to prove that they could trust her at least a little. She also failed to mention the curse. She glanced at her lover and she really couldn't find an easy way to tell her that in just 6 years she would be leaving, for good.

Finally, Erwin broke the silence. He said the information was good to have and ushered everyone out to kill Rod. Annie followed silently behind Cori.

The scouts were seated on the wall, waiting for Rod's arrival. Once Rod's titan arrived at the wall Cori found herself staring in shock. The thing was huge. He grabbed onto the wall and lifted himself up, towering over it. He had no face, probably from dragging his face along the ground. His stomach was displayed and its contents emptied out. Blood spewing onto the wall and onto houses near the wall. The cries of citizens could heard and Cori caught sight of three children staring up at Rod, much in the same way that Cori, Mikasa, Eren and Armin had stared at Bertholdt all those years ago.

Eren bit his hand and picked up a barrel full of gunpowder. During their meeting they figured Rod's titan would be hot enough to ignite it. Eren threw the barrel into Rod's mouth and after awhile Rod exploded. Immediately, the scouts leapt into action. They began slashing all the pieces of Rod, trying to get to the nape. They had to slash it before Rod regenerated. Cori watched as Historia moved past her and towards a rather large chunk of Rod's titan.  She slashed it and it was clear to everyone she had gotten the nape.

Historia fell onto a wagon near the wall and was immediately crowded. She explained that she was to be their new queen and everyone took it nicely.

Cori was on top of the wall, Annie and Armin on either side of her. "That was something," Armin said. Cori nodded slowly. Her mind was wandering to what Annie had said. Soon they would have to face Reiner and Bertholdt again, and probably the other shifters. What would happen then? What would happen once they reached the basement? Despite Annie's information Cori knew there was something she was still hiding. She thought to her conversation with Annie back in her cell. "You'll found out eventually. It's probably in the basement."

Cori placed her head on Annie's shoulder. This was all so tiring. She just wanted to rest, to live out her years with Annie. Annie glanced at the girl on her shoulder and gave her a soft smile. They both knew that soon they would have to get up and plan their next move, but they were content to just stay there. The wind blowing through their hair and the presence of one another to keep them company.