31

Jungwon POV

••

" Why didn't you tell me earlier?"  I stood next to Sunoo without looking at him, feel awkward because we were still mad at each other after we fought yesterday. He smiled as a response to me and stood in front of me while crossing his arm, " See? That's why I didn't tell you about this. Look at what you did now."

" You ruin her life." He replied to me coldly and was about to leave me on the rooftop alone but I quickly stopped him by saying something.

" She deserves it. She is a liar." I said.

" You are cruel. Why is it so hard to forgive her after what she did? You end your friendship with her like it is a big problem. It just a letter, Yang Jungwon. It's norma-"

" It's annoying, Kim Sunoo. She did it for 3 years and act innocent in front of me. I feel really stupid." I cut him off.

" She is an introvert. What did you expect from her?  Waiting for you after the school end and confess her feeling to you while handing you chocolate? Like what others did?"

" No, Jungwon-ah. She can't do that and she will never do that. So, she decided to write a letter to you, a way to confess her feeling. I don't think it's a big problem."

" How did you know all of this? Did both of you know each other before?" I asked him curiously because I'm starting to feel weird when he started to be on her side instead of me.

" Of course I know all of this. She accidentally put her letter in my jacket when we were doing our showcase back then. I saw her in our waiting room and recognized her as your fan. So, I wanted to tell you about her but she quickly bites my hand and went out from the waiting room."

" She was Im Soo Ah. It was her." Sunoo continued, looking at me with a smirk on his face when he caught me surprise with his words.

" She was the one who bumped into my chest," I mumbled to him and he nodded his head.
" How do you know about her the-"

" It's written in the letter. I read it." He cut me off. " You said you already threw it away," I asked him and he chuckles at my words,
" I lied."

" Do you still have the letter?"

Sunoo looked at me in confusion and ignore me by leaving the rooftop and went to somewhere else without replying to my question.

-

Soo Ah POV

••

"I want to quit my job." I took off my apron and my cap put them on the table without looking at Hana who was surprised after listening to my words.

" Im Soo Ah is it because of Jun-"

" I want to live in my hometown." I cut her off and bowed to her before walking out of the room, leaving her alone.   Hana suddenly held my hand to stop me from going away making me immediately looked at her.

" Can you give me time?" She asked me and I'm blank with her words. What time? What is she talking about?

" Give me time to search for a new barista."

I'm quite disappointed to hear that. I thought she will stop me from leaving, telling me to stay with her forever as we are best friends but it's the opposite of what I am thinking. She was not concern about me like why do I want to quit, why do I want to live in my hometown all of a sudden, and everything.
I could felt she was happy to hear it but she keeps a poker face, holding herself from being obvious.

Jungwon left me and now, Hana.

I guess I am nothing to her anymore.

I feel like I am the one who protects her from getting hurt.

It kinda hurt me.

-

   " You want to quit?" Chaerin asked me surprisingly and held my shoulder to make me look at her, staring at my face because she won't believe me. "  What happens?" She asked me and brushed my hair out of my face, tuck it behind my ear while waiting for me to tell the truth but I remained silent and smile at her,
" I want to live in my hometown," I replied to her and she gave me a weird as she didn't believe me.

" This is not Im Soo A-"

" Can I have an order?" A customer came towards us causing us immediately continue her work. I patted her shoulder and went upstairs to change my uniform as my shift was already ending.

about Yang Jungwon.

After we fought 3 days ago,  he didn't show himself at the cafe and I guess, he was starting to hate me now. Yeah, why should I feel sad?
I deserve this. I can't blame him for doing this to me because I am the one who creates the trouble first or shortly, I am betrayal him. I would be mad if I am in his place too, so it better if we stay apart, pretending like we don't know each other. I hate myself for it. Over and over again, he was the only thing that crossed my mind, the only thing that I even thought about, and as much as I hate myself for still loving him like he was a drug and I'm an addict. It used to be okay between me and him, the feeling of calmness when we were hanging out,  just enjoying each other's presence was enough and then all of sudden, it stopped. Half of me wanted to let go of him, accept the fate that we were not destined to be together but it honestly killing me inside.

   I walked to the downstairs and my step suddenly stopped from walking when I saw a couple walked into the cafe and sat at the corner of the cafe, enjoying their time together as they can't stop from smiling at each other, showing me that they were falling in love with each other more.

I watched him, the person I love spoke to my best friend with a huge smile on his face. They looked so happy with each other and can be themselves when they were around the person they love.

"  Why do I love you even though you are the reason I'm hurting inside?" I sighed, trying to hold the tears that threatened to spill. My throat was begging to let it out, but I couldn't.

How could I ruin their happiness?

I should stop.

" This is love that wasn't mean to be."