Chapter 5.

Rory POV.

"WHAT?" half shouted Sharonda as she was finishing her makeup and I was still lying on her bed not dressed up for the party. I was just finishing telling her what had happened with Marshall in the car after she asked me. "Honey...you know the finger thing he could have interpreted it as a sexual thing?"

Hearing her I quickly sat up in bed and looked at her worried..what had she just told me?

"Ok, by your face you give me to understand that you didn't know" she sighed sitting next to me "Rory I want to ask you something and I don't want you to bother" it was the first time I saw Sharonda behaving with caution of what she was going to say "you have never fucked, have you? Are you still a virgin?"

I blushed a little at her question and just ducked my head as I looked at my fingers "yeah, I've never been with a guy" I confessed embarrassed still looking at my fingers "I've never had a boyfriend either" the more I confessed the more pathetic I felt "I'm a total loser right?" I smiled amused.

"No, you're not" Sharonda said confidently "just because you haven't been with a guy doesn't make you a loser, those things have to happen when you really want them to Rory" she took my hand "if you don't feel ready to have a boyfriend don't have one, you have a whole life for that" she let out and giggled "I was just asking because I don't want Marshall to interpret your actions of innocence as something else".

"Yeah, about that..I guess I'll have to explain to him that I didn't know it could be interpreted as something sexual, I don't want him to think badly of me."

"No, you don't have to explain anything to him, just if he brings up the subject then you tell him that your intention was never that" she looked at me for a few seconds "let me make you up for tonight yes? With the clothes your mom lent you, you will look amazing" she said excited while she took the skirt mom had lent me "it must be great to have a mom as young as yours, next weekend I'm sleeping over at your house to meet her" Sharonda didn't ask me, she was warning me and that kind of thing was what I liked the most about her.

"Fine, I'll let you experiment with your makeup on my face" I smiled as I also saw mom's clothes "yeah, she's like my best friend" I wasn't lying, there was no person who knew me better than my mom "you know that's no problem, my mom will be happy to meet you"

After a while I couldn't stop looking at myself in the mirror, I looked different but I felt very beautiful, Sharonda had done a great job on my makeup and mom's clothes fit me perfectly. It was a skirt with a matching top.
Deshaun didn't take long to pick us up, I was a little disappointed when I saw that only he was coming for us and Marshall wasn't in the back seat but I would see him at the party anyway.

When Sharonda arrived she introduced me to everyone she knew, I didn't hesitate to greet them and when I saw Marshall sitting with a beer in his hand I smiled at him.

"Hi Marshall" I reached over to leave a small kiss on his cheek to which I only received a small nod.
Somewhat strangely I sat down next to Sharonda, Marshall was very serious and not only with me, with everyone else too.

In spite of Marshall's strange attitude I started to have a good time as soon as the other guys started to joke and ask me things, they were all very nice and funny.
After a while I was chatting with the other guys who were telling me about what they were doing, something they told me was called Freestyle. Even Rufus showed me how to do it and I was laughing like never before because of all the things he was saying, but without a doubt I was amazed at the creativity of being able to do freestyle. They even told me their rapper names.