Chapter 28.

(I haven't had much inspiration to write but wanted to post today for Marshall's 13 years of sobriety. It's a big deal and something to be proud of🥺❤️)

Rory POV.

'Calling me Arnold, but you been-a-dick.
Eazy-E saw your ass and went in it quick'

"Oh my goodness" I said in surprise listened to ice cube's voice as I watched Marshall bob his head to the music.

Seeing my reaction he let out a laugh and nodded.

"This is what diss tracks are all about basically, This one is called no Vaseline"

He explained and finished telling me all about the beef between N.W.A and Ice cube, being me of course I had never heard of them but I knew Marshall was interested and I loved listening to him talk.

"Good thing I won't be famous because I wouldn't want someone to make a diss track about me." I mumbled as I leaned against Marshall who was quick to hug me. "When you become famous do you think they'll do that kind of thing to you?"

"When I become famous?" Marshall let out a small laugh "you say that with a lot of confidence Rory."

"I have a feeling plus you're really good, I don't know much about it but I've heard what others say about you" I smiled at him and quickly had his lips on mine.

"Thank you for believing in me" he caressed my cheek slowly and I could only smile .

I had been staying with Marshall for two days, after I left my house the next day I talked to my mom on the phone and let her know where I was and that I was okay, of course she wanted me to go back to the house right then but I just ignored her And thank goodness she ended up giving me my time.

After a while of being on the couch cuddling I felt him leave a little kiss on my ear.

"You know..I like having you here with me, us sleeping together and the way we are right now" I felt myself getting more attached to his body.

"I like it too, I feel calm being here."

And I wasn't lying, even though in less than two days I had witnessed like six fights between Marshall and his mom, I liked being able to be here with him and take care of Nate.

"I started looking for houses to rent, mostly apartments" he whispered to me in a calm tone.

"Oh.." I said surprised "you're moving out on your own already?" I asked as I left little caresses on his arm.

I knew Marshall already wanted to move out of his mother's house but it was a huge expense and leaving would leave Nate alone.

"Not alone exactly..." I felt his lips go to my neck "we don't know yet if you are pregnant but if you are I want us to have somewhere to live" his lips began to leave kisses on my neck gently "and if you aren't pregnant we could still live together"

I was thankful I was lying on my back to him because surely my face was one of surprise and confusion.

"Wow...I don't know what to tell you" I bit my lip a little nervously "don't you think it's too soon? I mean, if I'm pregnant we could think about living together but if I'm not there's no need".