Chapter 8.

Rory POV

I began to feel the light coming through my window as my eyes slowly opened and noticed I was in my room, the last thing I remembered was sitting on the couch next to Marshall, one of his arms around my shoulders, my hands playing with his fingers and my head resting on him, I guess I fell asleep.
A smile appeared on my face as I remembered the night before, the talk I had with him, how he hugged me when he noticed I was tired but neither of us wanted to go sleep.
I quickly got up to look at myself in the mirror brushing my hair trying to look pretty.
I walked out of my room and my eyes went straight to the couch where I thought I would find a sleeping Marshall but only found the blankets folded perfectly.
I went to the kitchen where I found my mom drinking coffee.

"Good morning sweetie" she smiled at me from the table where she had papers from her work.

"Good morning mom" I tried to sound normal even though I really would have liked to see him today morning.

"your friend left this, apparently he likes to get up early" she handed me a piece of paper and I quickly took it to open it.

Rory.
Thanks for letting me sleep at your place, you saved my ass. Tell your mom thanks for me too.
I didn't want to wake you up knowing you're tired, you fell asleep out of nowhere last night while we were talking, I hope I'm not too boring to make you sleep. And I hope you don't mind that I took you to your room, I don't think your mom would have liked to find us asleep together on the couch. 
I'll see you around, take care.
PS: you look beautiful asleep even though you drooled all over my t-shirt.

A huge smile appeared on my face as I read and for the last thing let out a giggle. As I looked up from Marshall's mini letter, I could see my mother looking at me, raising an eyebrow.

"Baby you know I've never told you anything about your friendships but be careful ok? I don't want you to get hurt."

"Don't worry mom, Marshall and I cleared everything up" I started folding the paper again as it was "he even promised me yesterday that he would take care about the situation with Kim, that she wouldn't do anything to me."

I watched as my mom gave me a worried look "and you believe him? From what Sharonda told me he seems to be quite obsessed with that Kim girl" my mom's tone of voice was kind of sarcastic

"Well, yeah I do believe him, he wouldn't promise me something if he wouldn't do it" I tried to explain to mom

"Well, you shouldn't believe him, when a guy is that much in love as Sharonda said, believe me Rory...they do whatever their girlfriends say so don't trust what he tells you" her tone of voice raised a little making me look surprised.

"Omg, calm down a little mom" I saw her surprised, mom wasn't one to raise her voice and she didn't criticize people around me either, she liked everyone "Do you have a problem with Marshall?" I asked confused.

I watched as she sighed and took my hand "I'm sorry baby, it's just that you are such a good person and I know you expect everyone to be the same but life isn't like that, Marshall doesn't give me a good feeling to be around you"

"You're starting to sound like a real mom and I don't like it, you're not like that" I sat down next to her "mom Marshall is a nice boy, we didn't start out the best way but yesterday I got to know him better, I like him. I don't know why you're so worried, he and I can be really good friends."

"That's the problem, you like him more than you should honey. I worry because I know that even though you tell me that you only see him as a friend, I know you don't".