Chapter 18.

Rory POV.

"I really mean it, they don't make men like Edward Lewis anymore," Sharonda said before letting out a sigh watching the movie.

"A man that Perfect is only in movies Shar, they make us fall in love with non-existent men" now it was my mother who spoke as she watched the movie as well.

"Ok I'm still here girls" now I heard Luke causing Sharonda and my mom to laugh.

"Oh you almost came close to being just as Perfect as Edward Lewis" my mom smiled at her current and official boyfriend.

My eyes were still on the movie as I watched Edward go in search of Vivian at the end of pretty woman, of course...my mom was right, no one was that Perfect and endings that happy don't exist. At that thought I felt again a huge urge to cry for probably the thousandth time this week that I decided to suppress by taking a huge spoon of ice cream to my mouth.

A week and a half, it had been a week in a half since what happened with Marshall, I didn't feel as bad as I did at the beginning but it still hurt.
Mom, Sharonda and Luke had been very helpful, Sharonda had even been staying with me two days ago and came to see me every day, Luke always came with any kind of food to cheer me up and mom was the one who the first two nights hugged me while I couldn't stop crying. At least I didn't feel lonely but I still got so used to his presence that I missed him, missed him too much and hated myself for feeling so much in such a short time.

"So honey what do you want for dinner today?" I heard Luke ask me "pizza?" honestly, mom and I were lucky to have this man come into our lives, mom had fallen in love just the same in a short time but it had worked out for her, she was with a good man.

"Actually..why don't we have dinner out today? I feel like going out for a while" I watched as the three of them smiled right away, excited that I wanted to go out.

"Let's go then baby, to our favorite place" I watched as mom got up from the couch.

I just told them I would go get ready a little and left the three of them talking about still the movie, I liked seeing Sharonda getting along with them.

When I went into my room I looked at myself in the mirror, I looked tired and with dark circles under my eyes but that was thanks to my new school, I was studying too much and maybe Marshall's situation had something to do with it, just a little bit.
I tried to fix myself up, I took off my pajamas and put on some jeans, a sweater and my boots, my hair I tried to fix it in a high ponytail as best I could, I couldn't look any better so I gave up.

After a while the four of us were leaving dinner, I was really having a great time, I felt so happy and loved by those three people by my side that I needed to give them something back in return....

"Are you sure Rory, your mom and I are fine" I heard Luke say as he held mom's hand.

"I'm pretty sure, you guys have been wiping my tears and taking care of me all week" I smiled at them "it's Friday, so go to the movies, make out I don't know" I said amused.

I watched as they both laughed "fine baby but anything call me ok?" My mom smiled at me.

"Don't worry Lorelai, I will be with her anyway" I felt Sharonda hug me and I didn't hesitate to hug her but I denied.

"Nope, they will go spend time together and you Shar will go with DeShaun who must be missing you like crazy" I saw how Sharonda was about to speak as she shook her head so I interrupted her "I'll be fine, you guys go enjoy yourselves."