Chapter 15.

Rory POV.

"So you guys have to go to the hotel to see your grandparents?" Marshall asked me over the phone "I thought they were going to your house and more early?"

"We thought so too but they arrived since morning at the hotel and they want us to have dinner there, I guess they don't want to leave the hotel"  I let out a small laugh as I looked in the mirror.
I was wearing a nice gray skirt, a black sweater, stockings and some little boots with heels. I wish Marshall was here to see me.

"Damn, they changed all our plans" I heard Marshall sigh on the other end of the line. There was a party today and Marshall wanted me to go with him but we never thought my grandparents would change the afternoon lunch to dinner.

"I know baby, I'm sorry but you'll see you'll have fun anyway and tomorrow we can see each other"  I sat on the bed.

"I love it when you call me baby, you haven't stopped saying it since Thursday"  I quickly blushed remembering what had happened between us "come on Rory, from here I can see the red in your face" marshall said laughing.

"Shut up" I said letting out a small giggle "well, you call me baby all the time so I wanted too" I bit my lip, I really wished I could be with him and go to that party.

"Don't stop doing it, I like it when you call me that" I heard Marshall get up from somewhere "I'm going to miss you today, I really wanted us to be together at the party".

"I'm going to miss you too" I smiled feeling so happy to hear him say that "but try not to think about it, I want you to have fun yeah?"

"Rory are you ready yet? We have to go now" my mom shouted from the other side of my door.

"Go baby, you and your mom try to outlive your grandparents" he said amused.

"I don't think it's that bad of a dinner"  I smiled even though he couldn't see me "and you have fun at that party yeah? Don't think about me so much" I got out of bed to grab my little bag "Bye Marshall".

"That will be hard but I will do my best..bye baby, see you tomorrow".

After hanging up with Marshall my mom and I headed back to the hotel. My grandparents were staying at the hotel where mom worked as it was one of the best.
When we arrived my grandparents were already waiting for us at the hotel restaurant.

"Oh look at you" my grandmother smiled at me, a woman pretty and classy "you are already all grown up, you look beautiful"  she smiled giving me a little hug which I reciprocated.

"Thank you grandma, you look very pretty too"  I smiled and then went to greet my grandfather, a quiet but very intelligent man.

My mom and grandparents greeted each other with some awkwardness but they got over it, dinner was based on bad jokes from my mom which I found very funny, my grandma not understanding them and my grandpa looking as if my mom and I had two heads. Mom used to make those jokes whenever she was uncomfortable and I knew deep down she was doing it to annoy my grandparents.

"So Rory...the other day at dinner we met Caleb Smith, your English teacher from school in Texas"  my grandmother commented.

I was enjoying my dessert and quickly looked at her "really? How is he doing? He was one of my favorite teachers, he is a great" I said honestly.

"He is very well, in fact we talked about you and he told us how smart you are and the perfect homework essays you always handed" my grandmother gave my grandfather a look that I couldn't quite understand.

"He even said your essay papers were of quality to get into college, he left us quite surprised young lady" now said my grandfather.

"He told us that your dream is to go to Princeton something your mom never bothered to tell us"  my grandmother gave my mom a little look.

"I never told you? I probably forget in every weekly talk we have" mom mumbled sarcastically making me smile a little.

"Well yeah grandma, I would love to be able to go to Princeton it's my dream" I confirmed smiling at her.

"That's why your grandpa and I decided to come see you, Caleb let us know how much potential you have and that getting the right help getting into any college for you would be easy."

"Oh no, I don't like where this is going" my mother commented as she watched both of her parents, she knew them better than anyone.

"Lorelai, wouldn't you like your daughter to have a good chance? You have such a smart daughter" my grandmother smiled at me again "we were researching and we found this really good private school here in Detroit and that helps you have a better chance of getting into college"

"No mom" my mom said to grandma quite seriously "Rory already has a school and it's fine where she is".

"It's public school..do you think she's going to have the same chance to get into a good college?"  now spoke my grandfather also quite serious "if what you're worried about is money we're going to pay for her school, we want Rory to have a good future."

My mother remained silent analyzing the situation, in a way the grandparents were right, being in private school could help me a little more.

Mom let out a small sigh and leaned back in her chair "it's Rory's decision" she looked at me and then smiled giving me to understand that it was okay.

I felt my grandparents look at me and I saw them too "wow I don't know what to tell you, I guess if you guys help me I would like to go" I smiled a little excited and my grandparents smiled too.

"You are making a good decision little girl, you have a lot of future Rory and we want to help you and be a part of it" said my grandfather "we will pay for everything including uniforms".

I smiled and didn't hesitate to get up to hug them both taking them by surprise but I didn't care, it was very nice of them.
When I sat down again was when I thought that I would leave my school, Sharonda and I didn't like it so much anymore...shit.