Chapter 10.

Rory POV

Marshall's lips were on mine and I felt like I was flying, his hands on my back pressed me lightly to him as my hand was in his hair.
I didn't want this to end, I needed to keep kissing him even though I would soon have to pull away to breathe. I didn't need to as a sound made me pull away from him and seeing my mother standing there made me very nervous.

"Hey mom, I was just saying goodbye to Marshall" was all I could think to say as I ducked my head.

"Yeah, I can see you were saying goodbye pretty good" she sighed and stepped aside "get in the house Rory, dinner is ready and you have school tomorrow" mom was never like that, she was acting so different "Marshall Rory's curfew is at 7:30, at that time I want her home".

"I never had a curfew..." I said confused but her look gave me to understand that I better get in the house. I looked up just to see Marshall "take care and thanks again for the food" I half smiled at him even though his gaze was still on my mother and my mother was holding his gaze.

"Sure ma'am, 7:30..got it" I replied in an also serious tone "next time she'll be home on time" I watched as Marshall turned to see me and in front of my mother he grabbed my chin and left a small kiss on my lips "I'll see you around, take care Rory" he said goodbye before turning and leaving.

I was still detached that he had kissed me in front of my mom, besides he had said that next time I would be home on time...would we go out again?

I decided to enter the house still feeling excited but confused at the same time.

"I can't believe it miss 'we're just friends' " mom said doing an imitation of me as she closed the door "friends don't stick their tongue in your mouth" she folded her arms as she looked at me.

"We are friends!" I quickly defended myself "the kiss just happened, I don't know how but it just happened" I looked her in the eyes "you're going to get mad at me because I kissed a boy? Really?"

"No, I'm not going to be mad at you because you kissed a boy, I'm mad at you because you kissed the boy who got you in trouble and who has a girlfriend"

"No, he and Kim are not together, he told Sharonda today and he told me again, he even said he hoped this time was already the last time" I said quickly trying to get my mom to understand.

"Baby how could you give him your first kiss? You barely know him and come on, Sharonda made it very clear that he and his girlfriend always get back together..how do you know this time it won't be the same?"

"That wasn't my first kiss" I defended myself "remember that time I went to Sheryl's party and we were playing bottle, I kissed her cousin" it was the stupidest thing I had ever said, that kiss happened at 14 and my lips barely brushed against the boy's but my mom's words had made me feel bad, she was right..I had never been kissed like that before and I barely knew Marshall.

"You know that was your first kiss and you gave it to him, to that guy that you don't know if tomorrow he will be back with his girlfriend who by the way wants to hit you" she denied approaching me and put her hands on my shoulders "I don't have a good feeling about this guy Rory".

"You know what mom? I really don't want to do this right now. I want to take a shower and I have a lot of homework to do" I mumbled looking away.

"Yeah? Homework you could have finished by now if you had come home earlier Rory. That's another thing, you can't be getting home at this hour."