Chapter 16.

Marshall POV

"Come on, I'm your best friend you have to fucking tell me" I heard Proof say for the eighth time as we were pulling up to the party.

"Not much to say, Rory is a dope chick, I like spending time with her" I shrugged.

"Fucking liar" he pointed out to me "it's more than that, I know you..you're really starting to like Rory."

I was starting to like Rory? yes, definitely. I couldn't stop thinking about her but I was also scared.

"Why don't you want to talk about it? You know you can tell me" I heard Proof again pulling me out of my thoughts, he was right.

"I like Rory, how can I not like her? She's literally fucking perfect you know what I mean?" I watched as proof nodded "but that's the problem, she's perfect, she has plans, she has big dreams like going to college, being a teacher and I'm me, a motherfucker who dropped out of school and his dream is to be a rapper, that's all".

"So you feel like you don't deserve her?" Proof technically summed it all up in those 4 words.

"Yeah, I don't want to fall in love with her because I know sooner or later she'll realize she's dating a scumbag."

"come on man, you don't know that and Rory isn't the typical girl who cares about that stuff, you told me so yourself"

"And if she doesn't dump my ass I know she'll go to college sooner or later and there I know she'll find someone better, someone who will give her everything she deserves."

It was obvious, Rory was too perfect, she brought good things into my life and the good in my life never lasted.

"Look , Rory likes you and a lot don't doubt that, don't start ruining your own good thing in your life" as always, Proof was right "now I want us to get out of this fucking car and go enjoy the party" he gave me a little punch in the arm making me half smile and then follow him.
.
.
After a while we were all having a good time, it wasn't really a party just a small reunion with the usual people and that was enough.
I was smoking when I felt that Bizzarre passed me the phone of his house and laughed at my confused face.

"It's Rory, She's calling here looking for you" he shrugged "you fucking son of a bitch you had it so hidden".

I just laughed and picked up the phone "I'll tell you later" was all I said before I picked up the phone and went outside to answer it, shit I needed to buy a cell phone already.

"Rory..is everything ok?" I asked as soon as I answered since it was weird that she was calling me at Rufus' house and at 3 in the morning.

"Yeah baby sorry but I got back at like 11 from dinner and tried to sleep but I can't take it anymore, I have to tell you something very important" I could hear in her tone of voice that she was excited which made me smile, shit..

"Aright baby tell me then" I sat down on the steps outside.

"My grandparents bought me a cell phone" she said excitedly "one of the new ones that just came out, it's amazing!"

"that's great baby, now your beautiful ass won't have any excuses not to talk to me" I said amused.

I heard her let out a little giggle "I know, I'll call you all the time but the cell phone thing isn't the best part" I raised a confused eyebrow as I listened to her "I'm going to Detroit country day school".

Her tone of voice sounded more exciting when she mentioned the name of that private school but I was confused.

"What? Like the fucking private school?" I didn't even let her answer "How did that happen? I don't understand."