Chapter 13.

A small chapter before a big and good one!

Marshall POV.

Thursday.

"Are you sure the apple pie is okay? Maybe I had to buy the other pie Marshall, I told you" Rory mumbled nervously as she bit her lip something she always did when she was like this.

"Rory, it's my mom believe me, you don't have to try so fucking hard" I said in an amused tone "besides you didn't have to buy her something to meet her" I mumbled looking at the apple pie in one of my hands that Rory had insisted on buying telling me that she couldn't come to my house empty handed.

"I want her to like me, she's your mom" I replied still with that nervous tone.

Today we had decided to go to my house for the first time, I didn't really like the idea but today Lorelai had gone to some kind of convention with the man she was dating and apparently she was going to stay over at the house so Rory told her that she would stay with Sharonda but in reality she would stay with me, maybe the little lie was my idea but it was funny to see how Rory thought of a thousand ways to say the lie.

When I got to my house I let her in first, for the first time I didn't feel embarrassed to bring some girl I barely knew to my house. With Rory it was because she would never judge.

"Marshall!" I heard that little voice that didn't take long to appear to greet me as it always did when I arrived.

"Hey Nate"  I smiled stroking my little brother's hair "look, this is Rory, Rory this is Nate my little brother."

I watched as Rory smiled a little shyly "hi Nate" it didn't take her long to get about my brother's height "wow, your shirt it's pretty cool, I have one almost identical".

My little brother's face soon lit up and he smiled "do you like spider man?" Rory nodded smiling and I already knew what was coming "do you want to read me the comic book?" I knew it.

Rory was about to answer when I heard footsteps and within seconds my mother appeared, she looked pretty normal today. I watched as her gaze quickly went to Rory.

"Mom, this is Rory, she brought you this" I said handing her the apple pie and I was just begging her to be nice.

"Nice to meet you ma'am" Rory gave her that shy smile that I loved "I hope you like apple pie".

"Thank you Rory, call me Debbie" she give her a half smile while still looking at the pie, maybe that was a good idea. My mom's gaze now went to Rory's backpack where she brought her clothes.

"Oh yeah, Rory is staying over so we'll be in my room" I said as if it was nothing and of course my mom didn't make a big deal out of it.

"Yeah, whatever that's fine" my mom replied "Marshall I need you to watch Nate, I'm going out today."

"I just told you that Rory is going to stay and that we are going to be in my room, didn't you hear me?

"If she's staying at my house then let her help you take care of Nate" really? She had to do this in front of her and the first time she met her?.

"She doesn't have to be the fucking babysitter, maybe you don't have to go out and stay with your fucking kid."

"Watch the way you talk to me you little motherfucker! If you don't like it you can get the fuck out of here, there's the door" she pointed at me and now I was feeling embarrassed.

"Marshall it's okay, we can take care of Nate no problem" I heard Rory's little voice and how her hand caressed my arm "Debbie we'll take care of Nate"

I watched as my mom smiled instantly, of course "see Marshall? You should be more like your friend" she reached over and took Rory's hand "thank you sweetie" without further ado I watched as she walked towards the door taking her keys and purse. Within seconds it was just the three of us.

"why the fuck did you do that?" I asked somewhat angrily, I didn't like people getting into my fucking problems and more so if it was my mother.

"Because we can take care of Nate and you avoided a fight with your mom" Rory told me with that calm tone while I was upset, somehow her being so patient and peaceful calmed me down faster.

"I don't like that Rory, I said no because she has to take care of her son and I wanted to spend time with you" my tone had calmed down a bit but I wanted to set her straight "so don't do shit like that again, don't decide for me."

"Fine, next time I won't" she smiled reassuringly at me and walked over to leave a small kiss on my cheek "now grumpy, let's go read the comic to your brother and then we can spend time together"  I watched as she walked towards the living room to find Nate.

No fighting, no yelling, Rory was so different.