Chapter 21

January 1993.

Marshall POV.

A full month without being able to run to his house when I felt like I was drowning in stress, a month without our talks and I was already going crazy.

Rory had become my best friend, I didn't know what it was about her but just hearing her voice made me feel at peace, I felt so much tranquility that I never managed to feel in my life.
We had promised to talk for the whole month but it was complicated, she was doing all those smart kid things and I had to work, the situation with my mother was not all right and Kim needed me, next month her nephews would be born and her whole house was going crazy.
So out of the whole month we had talked about 7 times, I missed her but she was finally back, she had returned last night and I wanted to go to her house but she told me she was too tired from the trip, she had been to Washington and then Texas.

DeShaun, Sharonda, Rory and I had arranged to meet in our favorite place to eat something, to talk although I just wanted to see her, I wanted to feel that peace that she gave me.
The three of us were already there, she was the only one missing and I couldn't stop looking at the door.

"She told me she had a surprise for us, knowing her it could be some souvenir from Washington" said Sharonda smiling and I smiled too, yes...Rory was the kind of girl that could have spent a whole day looking for the perfect gifts for us in Washington.

Just then the door opened and she walked in, she was wearing jeans, her Nike's, a sweatshirt and a woollen hat making her look adorable. She smiled at us but stayed at the door...why didn't she come to us? Only then I noticed someone else coming in next to her, a boy who looked about her age, he was dressed a bit formal for my taste...he looked like one of those rich kids Rory went to school with.
I watched as he took her hand and they walked towards the table...what the fuck was going on? Why was he holding her fucking hand?

"Hey guys" she said with an excited tone, probably DeShaun and Sharonda were smiling at her and I could hear them saying something but my sight and attention was on Rory's hand and that fucking Boy's.

I felt being kicked under the table, I reacted and saw DeShaun throwing me a look, he knew well what was going through my head, he knew me.

"Did the mouse got your tongue?" Rory smiled at me before coming closer to hug me, at least that idiot let go of her hand but I was still confused.

"Hi girl" I hugged her too and left a small kiss in her hair before watching Rory walk away to hug DeShaun and Sharonda.

"Aren't you going to introduce us to your friend?" I said without thinking, I needed to know who this boy was.

"Oh yeah, how silly" she let out a giggle, an adorable giggle as always "guys this is Tristan my.." I saw her get quiet looking at that boy, they both blushed and giggled like two stupid teenagers in love.

"Her future boyfriend maybe" replied Tristan making Rory blush.
I heard how Sharonda let out a little small scream of emotion, DeShaun smiled but forcedly and his look went to me, no doubt my friend knew me well.

"Well.." said Rory blushing "Tristan this is Sharonda, DeShaun and Marshall, I already told you a lot about them" Rory smiled at him and I noticed how she was going to sit down but Tristan grabbed her chair to help her sit down and then he sat down.

"Oh yeah, so you're the famous Marshall" that guy smiled at me and I just wanted to smack his smile away but my thoughts were interrupted when another kick came under the table, I saw DeShaun and he motioned for me to speak.