Chapter 20.

(This is a chapter to close the year 1992 in the fic.❤️)

"Omg you made it, I can't believe you'll be gone almost the whole month of December in Washington" my mom said excitedly as she read the letter the school had given me.

"Me neither mom, but I got good grades" I smiled sitting next to Luke who was also smiling proudly.

"Rory this is good, when the colleges see that you were chosen to go to Washington for this convention it will be good" Luke smiled at me then looked at the letter again.

I smiled to see my mom and Luke proud of this, in my new school they made these trips where the best students could go to important conventions, the school paid a big part and the other part my grandparents had not hesitated to send me the money.
.
.
.

"You're a smart fucking bitch" Sharonda yelled causing DeShaun and I to burst out laughing.

"Look at you girl, all smart and shit getting this" DeShaun smiled at me, no doubt these two had become my best friends.

"I'm so excited, I'll be gone all of December and for Christmas and New Year's I'll catch up with mom in Texas at my grandparents house."

"A whole month without you boo, we're going to miss you" Sharonda pouted a little still holding the school letter in her hands.

"Me too, but I'll be back in January without fail."

"You already told your you know who?" asked DeShaun and only then I remembered the other person that was already like my best friend, Marshall.

"No, I haven't seen him for several days, he's been with Kim and her family" I shrugged "Kim's sister will soon have her babies so they are very supportive of her"

These months of friendship with Marshall had told me that Kim had a twin and was pregnant, she was expecting twins and I knew the situation at Kim's house wasn't the best so Marshall had to support them, I liked that about him.

"He told me he might be coming to see you today, kind of a pizza and hip hop night thing" DeShaun shrugged too.

I smiled at the memory, today was pizza night and my "little quiz" about hip hop, Marshall would give me an album to listen to for a few weeks and then ask me questions on the songs, it was fun.

"Right, I forgot" I denied amused "I guess I'll go home then" I got up and said goodbye to DeShaun and Sharonda and headed home.
.
.
.
After a while I was in my room finishing my homework, with the months the private school was easier, I felt like I finally fit in a certain way.
Mom and Luke were so excited about the whole Washington situation that they made a big dinner, Luke was already living with us and it couldn't have been better.

My watch read 11:20 when I heard the typical knocking on my window, I smiled and jumped up to open it and within seconds I was trapped in Marshall's arms.

"Fuck, I feel like I haven't seen you in months" he said  making me laugh a little.

"It's only been about two weeks" I hugged him too and pulled away so I could show him the letter from school "I got it, your best friend is going to Washington" I looked at him excited.

Marshall took the letter from the school and smiled as he listened to me and read the page "Damn girl, you were the second best in the whole fucking school in grades" he looked at me surprised "congratulations Rory, you fucking deserve it".

I smiled at him and without further ado I saw how he brought pizza with him, we sat on the floor as usual while we started talking about the songs he wanted even though now I knew more about it too, it was impossible not to end up involved in hip hop, Marshall spoke with so much admiration for that music that made you feel the same way.