Chapter 23.

Marshall POV.

"Yeah see you tomorrow at school, me too..have nice dreams."

Rory was talking to that idiot while I had already settled in her bed, I knew DeShaun was waiting for me outside but he would have to understand. Besides I hadn't planned for this to happen but I had no regrets.
I watched as Rory hung up the phone and let out a sigh as she leaned against her bedroom door closing her eyes.

"Come baby, lay down with me for a moment" I asked as my eyes were still on her.

"You need to go Marshall, it's late" she said out of nowhere making me frown, she was really kicking me out of her house after what had just happened?

"What's wrong Rory?" I asked trying to be nice, I got up from the bed to approach her but I saw her put a hand in front of me to stop me from coming any closer.

"Don't you realize what we just did? You have a girlfriend and I'm dating Tristan, we just cheated on our partners."

I could tell her tone of concern, she felt guilty and I just wanted to affirm to her everything I had said a while ago.

"Baby I know it's wrong but you and I want to be together, we just need to leave them and we'll be making things right" I was finally able to walk over to her to grab her waist.

"I'm not leaving Tristan, Marshall" she looked me in the eyes "really, it's best if you leave, I have classes tomorrow".

I looked at her completely confused and denied when she said I should leave "what do you mean you're not going to leave him? you plan to be with both of us?" I asked her starting to get annoyed.

I watched as she let out a sigh and ran a hand through her hair letting me know how frustrated she was feeling "no, what I'm trying to get you to understand is that I'm going to be with Tristan and only him" Rory's gaze quickly went the other way to avoid all eye contact with me.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me, we just had a fucking good moment a few minutes ago and now you're telling me you want to stay with that asshole?" my tone of voice came out harsher than I wanted it to but I really was fucking pissed.

"Tristan is very nice to me, he doesn't deserve this thing I'm doing and he doesn't deserve me leaving him for someone else either."

"Rory why the fuck do you want to lie to yourself? You clearly don't want to be with that guy, you want to be with me" my hand went to her cheek wanting her to look me in the eyes.

"I have a weakness for you, I don't know why" she let out a small sigh "but I don't want to get hurt again either"

"I'm not going to hurt you, you know that baby" my voice was calm again but my patience was gone, I really didn't understand Rory.

"Marshall you can't just dump Kim and start dating me like it's nothing, it's not right" she frowned " and don't expect me to do it with Tristan" Rory still wouldn't meet my eyes, she was avoiding my gaze "please go away Marshall"

"No Rory, I want you to explain to me what is going on in your head..you said you were mine remember? I know you want to be with me like I want to be with you" my hand went to her chin "we can make it work".

I saw how out of nowhere he looked me in the eyes "look me in the eyes and tell me you don't love Kim" his tone was quite serious "and don't lie to me, you promised me never to lie to you remember?"