Chapter 7.

Rory POV

As I grabbed blankets and two pillows from the closet all I could think about was that I had Marshall in my house.
The anger at him for what had happened at the party was almost gone the day after it happened.
Knowing that his mother had kicked him out of her house and he didn't know where to go, I couldn't leave him there and I was grateful that my mom let him stay even though she wanted to kill him for what he did.
As I was walking down the stairs I could hear my mom warning Marshall not to do anything bad to me again, I just smiled a little and went into the living room.

"Is something wrong?" I asked pretending I hadn't heard anything.

"No baby I was just telling Marshall that if he wanted to get something from the kitchen he could do it " she smiled at me and walked over to me and kiss my head "I'll go to sleep, I'm so tired. Goodnight sweetie" she said and I watched as she turned to Marshall "goodnight Marshall."

"Night, ma'am" Marshall barely murmured as we both watched my mother go up stairs.

Once we were alone I turned to see him and smiled "let me arrange the couch so you can sleep comfortably" I started to put the blankets on the couch as I felt Marshall's gaze on me.

"So...it's just you and your mom?" he asked me as he sat on the arm of the couch, being quite close to me.

"Yep, just us" I said spreading out one of the blankets "my dad sometimes calls me, it's been a while since I've seen him in person" I'd be lying if I said that didn't hurt, of course I wanted my dad in my life. "And you? Do you have siblings? What's wrong with your parents for them to kick you out of the house?" I asked curiously as I finished arranging the couch for him.

"I just live with my mom and my little brother Nate" I watched as he now sat on the couch and I didn't hesitate to sit next to him on top of the covers. "And I don't have the best relationship with my mom, this thing she did isn't a rare thing, it's not the first time."
I had a lot of questions, I wanted to talk more about his mother but he with his tone gave me to understand that it was not his favorite topic to talk about.

"Well, if she kicks you out of the house again you can always come here, keep that in mind" I smiled at him and felt him squeeze my hand. Only then I realize that my hand was in his, I didn't even realize at what point we ended up like that but it was probably me. In the hour that Marshall had been with us since before we got in the car I realized that I was holding his hand, I did it as an impulse but he didn't move away. I had never had that happen with anyone before, the need to be touching a person in some way.

"Thank you Rory, you're very nice" he said to me in a somewhat husky voice as he still took my hand, neither of us pulling them away. "And I promise you  that Kim  won't do anything to you,I'll take care of it" again he squeezed my hand.

I began to feel that little protectiveness I only felt with my mother, I didn't doubt Marshall's word, I believed him when he said he wouldn't let Kim do anything to me. "Thanks Marshall" I smiled looking into his eyes, he had the prettiest blue eyes I had ever seen. "You have really pretty eyes" I said out of the blue without being able to control it, I quickly blushed realizing it.

I watched as Marshall gave me a half smile and suddenly his fingers intertwined with mine. "Yeah? Well, you look beautiful blushing."
I could only blush more at his comment and caused Marshall to let out a laugh. "You really are the sweetest girl I've seen in a long time Rory."

He didn't think his girlfriend was sweet? I preferred not to ask and just enjoy this moment, all the very new sensations I was feeling around Marshall.

"Well, I guess I'll let you sleep maybe you're tired and I have some studying to do" I mumbled feeling nervous. Despite my words I didn't make an effort to get up, I didn't even want to separate my hand from his.

"Study? At night?" he saw me raising an eyebrow "I'm not sleepy really and I like your company."

I wanted to read a little about what I knew we would see tomorrow in class but I guess it was okay if I didn't read about it, I'd rather stay with Marshall a while longer.

"Well then we can grab some candy and watch a movie" I pointed to the tv in front of the couch and Marshall nodded smiling "ok, let's go to the kitchen" now I did get up but I didn't let go of his hand and he didn't move away either, so we walked towards the kitchen, it felt so good to be holding his hand.

After a while we were on the couch with the tv on and a bunch of candy in front of us but we weren't paying attention to the movie, we were talking.

"So Princeton huh?" he said to me as he sipped some soda "so you're like smart one ?" he said amused.

"Well, I like to study and Princeton has been my dream since I was little" I shrugged "my mom was going to go too but she got pregnant with me in high school."

"I'm sure she has no regrets" he gave me a half smile "damn, you're the first person around me who wants to go to college and not just any college..but Princeton"

"Why didn't you go to college?" I was curious "I never knew what you do for a living" I looked at him.

"School was never my thing, I repeated ninth grade three times and thanks to that I knew I was just wasting my time" he said lifting his shoulders and not answering my last question.

"And what do you want to do? I want to be a literature teacher" I smiled waiting for him to tell me now and he only denied "why don't you want to tell me?" I frowned in confusion.

"I want to be a rapper, I don't think about anything else" he said looking away.

"Oh, that's cool. Do you do that freestyle thing like the other guys?" I asked interested and he quickly returned his gaze to my face.

"Yeah, I do it too" he smiled at me confused "don't you think it's stupid? You're here talking about college and being a teacher, you must think it's stupid."

"No, I don't think it's stupid" I looked at him confused "the guys the day of the party were showing me how they did the freestyle thing and I liked it" I smiled "do you go to competitions too and do you have your rapper name?" I was excited to know more about him, we had been talking about us for over hours.

"Yeah, I've been to a couple of competitions and yes, we all have a name...mine is Eminem." He told me

"Eminem?" I repeated raising an eyebrow "why?" I settled better on the couch pulling my legs up to cross them and give him more attention. "And you have to tell me about the competitions...what do you feel? What are they like?" I started asking him a bunch of questions.

He saw me smiling and started answering my questions, explaining his name and little by little his hand ended up on my knee and my hand on top of his, I couldn't ask to be anywhere else but here.