Chapter 17.

(It was hard to write this chapter 🥺 but I hope you like a little bit of drama.)

Rory POV

"So DeShaun hasn't told you anything?" I sighed as I felt my cheeks freeze, it was too cold.

"No boo, as soon as I mentioned Marshall's name and yours together he changes the subject on me, I don't know what must have happened but DeShaun knows" Sharonda told me through the phone.

"Of course he knows what's going on, they're best friends" I grimaced a little "but he can't hide anymore, I'm already outside his house" I muttered looking at the door to Marshall's house.

"Fine, good luck Rory and remember you don't have to apologize to him, you're only thinking about your future and he was the fucking idiot who got mad and is ignoring you for more than three days".

"I know, I'll call you later ok?" Without further ado I hung up after receiving Sharonda's answer.

Marshall had been ignoring me for more than three days, I called him and he didn't answer me, it was always his mom or his brother, DeShaun didn't give me much information, I even thought about going to his work but I didn't want to cause him problems, that's why I was there outside his house. I got up the courage and knocked on the door feeling very nervous.

After a few minutes the door opened and I saw Nathan in his pajamas. "Rory!" he shouted excitedly and didn't hesitate to hug me, making me smile.

"Hey little guy" I hugged him too.

" I thought you were never coming back" he gave me an adorable smile. "Shall we read a comic book?"

"I've been busy but I'm here now" I smiled at him too "sure but first I need to talk to your brother".

"Oh okay, he's asleep in his room, come in" he let me into the house and I smiled, he was so nice "mom's not here".

"Fine, go watch TV while I talk to your brother yes? Then we can read that comic book" I smiled at him.

I watched as he went to the living room and I went to Marshall's room. As I walked in I could see him asleep on his stomach, he wasn't wearing shirt and had the sheets almost on the floor.

"Marshall" I murmured in a calm tone as I sat on his bed and began stroking his back to wake him up "Marshall wake up, we need to talk."

I watched as he started to wake up and his face was one of total amazement at seeing me there but then it changed to a totally serious face

"What are you doing here?" he said seriously and settled on the bed to sit up and away from my hand..what was going on?

"You're ignoring me, that's why I'm here" I sighed "Are you still mad at me about school? Marshall I can really make it work" I settled in better to tell him my whole plan "while you are working I can study, as soon as you get to my house I will give you all the attention and you can choose Saturday or Sunday to spend the day, one of those days is completely yours".

I smiled at him but I didn't get the same from him, not even that half smile he used to give me.

"What time is it?" he asked me ignoring everything I said, I watched as his gaze went to the clock on his nightstand "shit, you have to go Rory" he tried to get out of bed but I stopped him.

"No Marshall, you have to stop ignoring me" I was very confused by his attitude "baby please" my hand by inertia started caressing his abdomen and I saw Marshall tense up a little "talk to me, we can work this out"