37 | Bittersweet

L O R E N Z O

L O R E N Z O

"Catalina," I tried to sound as gentle as possible since she was having a hard time getting out of bed.

"Baby," my hand firmly rubs up and down her back as I pepper kisses on her head.

"Yes?" Her soft voice makes my body melt. She sounded so tired, it made me feel bad for waking her.

"Hi sleepy girl," I coo, lightly kissing her forehead as I run my thumb over her cheek.

Catalina wrapped her arms around my neck, nuzzling her face into me. Her scent was so comforting and sweet, it made me want to spend eternity with her in my arms like this. "Why are we up so early?"

"It's one in the afternoon, sleepyhead."

Catalina whines into me, lightly rubbing her head against my chest. I assumed she wanted me to play with her hair so I gently caressed my fingers through the soft strands of black.

"Mia vita, I have important work today and the boys are busy. I have to go into the office soon, bene?" I hated being away from her, the fear of something happening to Catalina or somebody hurting her made my chest hurt.

My life.

Okay?

"Do you have to go? We can lay in bed and watch movies and play games and you can play with my hair some more and-"

I cut her off by placing a kiss on her forehead and chuckling at her attempts to keep me in bed with her. If it was my choice, I'd never leave her side.

Neglecting work, however, wasn't something that I could afford. I have to uphold my image and keep my men in check or else I would be sacrificing our lives.

"I'm sorry, baby. I have to get ready. You can come take a shower with me if you want, yes?"

☁️

"I like spending time with you," her gentle hands are snug around my waist as the warm water falls over the both us.

I firmly stroked her hair while giving the ends a little tug, making occasional moans escape past her lips.

The way I could watch Catalina like this forever is a feeling I will never— not in a million years— be able to comprehend. Her little blush, her curious brown eyes, her full cheeks that never fail to give me cuteness aggression; she was the embodiment of perfection to me.

"Shortcake?"

I snap out of the hypnotic state I'm in when she gives my biceps a squeeze and looks at me with worried, careful eyes.

"I was admiring you, mi dispiace," the tone of my voice is genuinely apologetic since I had caused her worry. I didn't like to make her worry, that wasn't her job. She was una princepessa and I would not cause my princess any harm.