24 | Different Side of Him

C A T A L I N A

C A T A L I N A

Groggily wiping at my eyes, I tried to stretch out my body but firm hands over my stomach stopped me.

When I opened my eyes, I was surprised to see myself in Lorenzo's bed with his head on my stomach as his arms scooped over me.

He's so cute.

There was a saline drip on the side of the bed along with a couple of monitors. It was as if he brought the hospital to his room.

I began to brush through the soft locks of his floppy hair, eliciting a satisfied groan from him.

When I started to massage his head with the pads of my fingers, he snuggled his head deeper into my stomach and held me tighter.

All of a sudden, his body shot up, startling me. Lorenzo's tired eyes that were decorated with eye bags scanned over me entirely.

"Nice to see you again, Shortcake." I smiled at him and gave him a thumbs up but immediately regret it when a shooting pain in my arm hit me.

Lorenzo didn't say anything, he watched me with intense eyes and I found myself wiping my face to make sure there was nothing on it.

Just as I was about to ask him if he was alright, a young-looking, gorgeous lady doctor who had a pretty nurse next to her walked in after they knocked.

"Catalina, how are you feeling?" The doctor asked me as the nurse began to fix the weird drip thing that was going into my body.

Too entranced by the nurses blue eyes, I accidentally blurted out the compliment to him. "Your eyes are so pretty."

He smiled at me a warm smile and thanked me whilst a blush traveled up his neck.

Hehe cute.

"Was I here for a slumber party?"

"No, Catalina. You are here because you are malnourished and your body went through extreme stress."

"But i'm wearing a," I threw the blanket off me, "nightgown."

"That's a hospital gown, we had nothing else to put you in."

Party pooper.

"Mr. Gambino, can you please step outside so that I can speak to her."

Lorenzo's tense body stiffened even more as he looked at the doctor with a dangerously scary expression.

The doctor coughed, throwing her eyes back on me. "Do you want him to stay?"

"Uh, sure." I tried to smile again but it wasn't coming through.

Am I sad?

"The scar-"

"Sorry- um, can I speak to her... alone?" I felt horribly guilty for two reasons: I cut off the doctor and I was asking Lorenzo to leave his own room.

When he looked at me, his hard-set expression fell and was replaced with soft and concerned eyes.