4 | Buttering Him Up

C A T A L I N A

C A T A L I N A

If I was a duck, all my life problems would be solved.

I think it's very rude that I wasn't born a little ducky.

Quack.

With my eyes half open and my body sore from the crouched position I was in all night, I wandered around Mr. Gangster's home. He hasn't been here since he told me to sleep on the ground last night.

Like heck I was going to listen to that rude fella. I ended up raiding his fridge and sitting by the window all night. Watching people from where I was sitting is by far, the most interesting thing i've done my entire life. They looked like tiny ant people, I felt like a giant.

Technically, I am a giant. My dangerous height of five-feet-five keeps everyone around me shivering in their boots.

The sudden intrusion of loud talking invaded the area, filling the spacious apartment with echoes.

"He doesn't want her to work for him, don't you find it weird?"

"That just means he's gonna kill her," I heard another voice respond.

I gulp. Are they talking about me? I can't die. That's not allowed.

My heartbeat raced against my chest as I held in my breath, not wanting my presence to be known. I needed to think of an escape plan; as lovely as this place is, it's not for me.

"I don't wanna fucking kill her, bro. Don't need innocent blood on my hands."

"Nobody's innocent, you know that. And if you don't kill her, Enzo's just gonna make her death more painful."

Afraid and alerted, I laid my body flat on the marble floors so that I could glide myself towards the kitchen and grab a knife. The bigger, the better.

Hehe.

Bad Cat. No dirty thinking.

As i'm sliding across the floor like the trained assassin that I am, I decided to say a prayer in case today's my last day on this lovely earth.

Dear Sky Man,

Please don't let me die today. I think it would be rude if I died at the hands of a man. I also think that's sexist and downright wrong. I promise to never shake my patootie again, or kill a rodent. The last time I killed a rat was an accident, I promise. And the time before that was also an accident. So was the time before that. Thank you. Bless.