T H R E E - close encounter

Horror set in amongst the class as they realised the teacher was setting one last team project before summer began. It was the last class of the day and they had hoped they'd be let off lightly. (Y/N) and Sam glanced at each other as the teacher droned on about extra credit.

"And to make things a little more interesting." The teacher said, looking at his class of highly disappointed teenagers. "I have assigned partners to make sure everyone gets a decent grade."

The class groaned in unison. (Y/N) could hear Hawks complaint from the back of the class room.

The teacher didn't miss a beat as he began calling out the two person teams. Sam was called to work with Moon, she smiled sadly before getting up from her seat and moving over to her new project.

(Y/N) held her breath as her name was called, hoping her project partner wasn't one she was going to hate.

"(Y/N) (L/N) and Eli Moskowitz."

Her heart dropped to her feet. But before she had the chance to protest, Hawk beat her to it. "Seriously? I don't want to work with somw nerd." He spat, standing up from his seat and throwing a glare at both the teacher and his assigned partner.

"Well maybe this nerd can help you to actually pass this class Mr Moskowitz. Now sit down." The teacher snapped. Watching as the boy slumped into his chair with an annoyed huff.

(Y/N) waited until the bell finally rung, signalling the end of the day. Immediately she was at the teachers desk, catching him by surprise. "Please let me swap partners Mr Lee." She pleaded, but he wouldn't budge.

"I'm sorry (Y/N) but Eli needs the help in class. I know being paired with someone with your work ethic will allow him to excel." He explained.

"I don't need her help." Hawk butted in, clearly still annoyed that he had been lumped in with her. "I can handle my own grades."

The teacher raised his brow. "Oh really? Is that why you're only scraping by with a pass? This final project will bump you up enough to really pass this class. Unless you would like to repeat?"

Hawk stayed silent for a moment before muttering "fine" under his breath and waltzing out the room.

(Y/N) gave her teacher one last pleading look in an attempt to save her sanity but again. The answer was no.

Sulking out the class she walked straight into Hawks strong chest. She looked up at him with a scowl as he looked down at her with the same look.

"Looks like I'm stuck with you." He muttered, his eyes never breaking contact with hers.

"Believe me I'm not happy either." (Y/N) grumbled, shoving past him as Sam and Moon walked over. She link her arm with Sam as she watched Moon walk over to Hawk, threw her arms around his neck and kiss him.

Both girls looked away, and began to head to the exit.

Moon caught up to them just as they were climbing into Sam's car. "Hey (Y/N)! Can I talk to you?" She asked, smiling sweetly.

"Sure Moon what's up?" (Y/N) asked, walking over to her. She knew Moon was a kind enough girl and had gotten along with her pretty well since they met.

"Its about Hawk. I know you two don't get along but he really does need this final grade." She said, looking over at where her boyfriend was waiting on her. "I know you guys have a bad history but-"

"We don't have a bad history at all Moon." (Y/N) said, sounding very confused. "We were childhood best friends. We grew up together. The only bad blood I have with him is how he treated Demetri"