S E V E N - Frenemies

(Trigger warning ⚠️ slight mentioned of disordered eating at the end)

A couple of days after her trouble with Hawk, (Y/N) sat in the garden of Miyagi-do. Once again watching her friends train. Sam and Robby were doing balance training on a circular board in the middle of the pond, and improving greatly. Whilst Demetri was still struggling with the basics of muscle memory, always finding something to complain about.

When Mr LaRusso finally let Demetri have a break he sulked over and slumped on the grass next to (Y/N), who laughed at his defeated expression.

"This sucks." He muttered, falling onto his back and taking a deep breath. Enjoying his chance to do literally nothing.

"Still better than Cobra Kai right?" She asked, nudging him lightly.

He glanced up at her before nodding. "You're right. But it still sucks. Anyway are you gonna join us at any point?" He questioned, leaning on his elbows.

She shook her head. "Nope. Not a fighter."

"Just a skater?" He chuckled.

(Y/N) felt the blood drain from her face as he mentioned skating. "Shit!" She cursed, jumping of from her seat. "I have a lesson today!" She scrambled to grab her bag and phone, checking the time. She had ten minutes before she was late.

Thankfully Sam offered her a ride over, saving her from the total meltdown she was going to have.

Everyone hopped into Sam's car, Demetri calling shotgun only to be shoved into the backseat with Robby as (Y/N) claimed the passenger seat.

"Oh (Y/N)!" Demetri suddenly piped up. "I forgot to show you this." He said, handing her his phone. She looked at the screen to see a Yelp review. "Written by yours truly." He smirked, obviously proud of himself.

(Y/N) read over the short paragraph and rolled her eyes. "Not bad Demetri. You should have mentioned the assault, to add a little spice." She giggled, handing his phone back as they arrived outside the ice rink.

"Let me know when you're finished and I'll come get you." Sam smiled. "We're going to the mall so we won't be to far away."

(Y/N) nodded. "Thank you Sam. Enjoy the mall guys!" She shouted before sprinting into the building with literal seconds to spare. Rushing to the members only lockers she grabbed her skates and ditched her bag and shoes. Slinging her skates on her shoulder she walked quickly to the edge of the rink. Tying her hair into a ponytail too keep it out of her face. Then, she slipped on her skates and tied them tightly before stepping onto the rink.

She spotted the three other girls waiting for her on the far side of the ice. These were the only girls she was training with for the All Vally competition. Unfortunately only two could make it to the team and they had the whole summer to prove themselves.

"Hey (Y/N)!!" One of the girls, Piper, called, waving to her. She was a sweet girl with the most beautiful curly hai. You would notice her from a mile away.

Smiling, (Y/N) glided over, scraping to a stop next to the girl. "Hey Piper. Did i miss anything?" She asked, stretching her legs.

Piper shook her head. "Nah. Nothing yet. Wanna do some warm up laps before coach comes?" She asked.

(Y/N) nodded, a mischievous smile on her face. "Sure. Bet i can make it round the rink before you."

"Oh you're on." Piper smirked, pushing off the wall without saying a word.

"Hey thats cheating!" (Y/N) called, rushing after her.

The other two girls looked at the pair with a dark glare. From day one they never spoke to either of them, only to the coach. They stuck as a pair, so (Y/N) and Piper did the same.