T W E N T Y O N E - sickly

A week or so after the some what traumatic event that occurred at the golf and stuff, (Y/N) sat with Demetri in her room. Pen and paper in hand. She had been meaning ro write to Robby for a while now, wanting to tell him so many things. But now she had the chance she didn't know what to write. She couldn't tell him about everything that had happened, otherwise he'd receive a small novel rather than a letter.

"Do you think he'll even respond?" Demetri asked, attempting to flip through a comic book with his heavily casted arm.

She shrugged. "Maybe? I don't know. I'll just be happy if he gets my letter. He's not responded to emails, from anyone." She sighed, glancing over to her bin that was piled high with crumpled up attempts at letters. "I want him to know we still think about him."

"Just write was feels right?" He suggested.

"I am but it doesn't sound right! I sound like an idiot." She huffed, throwing herself back on the bed.

Demetri chuckled. "Well, definitely sounds like you then." In response he got a paper ball to the face.

"At least I can still write." She teased.

"I can walk, without waddling like a penguin." He shot back.

The two burst out laughing at their own remarks. Totally aware of how pathetic they looked with casts and crutches.

"God screw Solar Siblings we're more like damaged dumbasses." Demetri commented, making (Y/N) laugh even harder.

"You're no help!" She giggled, picking up her paper again. "I need to send this off this afternoon."

He shrugged. "You asked me to hang out. Not to help you write an essay to a convict."

She cringed at the word. Robby wasn't a bad guy... He just made a mistake. And everyone had made a lot of those recently. "I guess you're right..."

"Actually.." Demetri mumbled, something clearly on his mind. "I've been meaning to talk to you about something. Something important."

(Y/N) titled her head and shuffled to the end of her bed to give him her full attention. "Is everything okay?" She asked.

He looked up at her with curious eyes. "That night at the laser tag place. After Hawk..
You know..." He gestured to his broken appendage. "You said somethings to him that I've been curious about. I didnt pay much attention at the time cause..." He gestured to his arm again.

She felt her breath get caught in her throat. She knew he was going to bring this up at some point, but as the days went on she was sure he had forgotten. "Well... I.. " She stuttered, struggling to find the right words.

"You said you were breaking up with him... Which is a weird thing to say to a rival, endless you weren't rivals." He noticed her awkward demeanour, but that didn't stop him. He wanted answers. "We're you dating him (Y/N)?"

She buried her face in her hands, feeling ashamed. "I'm sorry Demetri. I'm so sorry."

His blood boiled with anger at her. He loved her dearly but this was something entirely wrong. "You didn't even tell me! I'm your best friend!" He snapped.

"I know!" She frowned, feeling guilty. "But I didnt know how to tell you... and it had only been a week."

"A week officially? I saw the way he looked at you sometimes. And they way you looked at him." He huffed, almost seeming jealous. "I spent all this time worrying about you and trying to protect you just for you to go behind my back and be with him?!"

(Y/N) looked at him with a glare. "I never asked you to do that Demetri. I appreciate that you did but I never wanted you to!"

"Even after the school fight? Even after he came for me and injured you? You still went after him... Do you love him??" He asked.