T H I R T Y O N E - Saviours

Kreese had been right. The real battle hadn't started for (Y/N), until the nurses mentioned a new meal plan she had to follow. She sat with Robby as it was explained, and her heart crept higher into her throat with every word.

"So, the basic plan is at least 3 meals a day, with snacks in-between. Any snack refusal is fine, you can also refuse one meal. We know its hard getting started on a plan, but refusing more than one meal will result in a feeding tube. And if the tube is refused it goes on your chart as a refusal and shows us you're not trying to make progress."

(Y/N)'s mind was racing, she gripped Robby's hand, nodding and agreeing to the terms of her current treatment.

The nurse looked at her with a sympathetic smile. "If you can stick to at least 2 meals or more a day, they'll have no need to send you away for further treatment. You got this."

Robby squeezed her hand to reassure her. "I'll be here every step of the way."

--------

Unfortunately due to training Robby couldn't keep his word when it came to the first dinner on her meal plan. So (Y/N) was sat staring at yet another sad looking plate of food. This time it was a soggy lasagne.

A nurse sat with her in order to monitor her eating, and she didn't like the hesitation. "Come on now sweetheart. Even if its just a few bites."

(Y/N) grimaced as she could only imagine the awful texture that awaited her. Silenty she shook her head. "I can't. It looks disgusting."

The nurse sighed. "Since you refused to put in my orders when you arrived we had to decide for you. So its this or a charted refusal."

"Thats so not fair." (Y/N) whined, poking the fork into the pasta. "Its not my fault all this place serves is shit." She spat.

"Is this a bad time?"

(Y/N) and the nurse looked to the door, a small smile creeping onto the girls face.

"Miguel?"

"Hey." He greeted before looking towards the nurse. "So... is this a bad time?"

Defeated, the nurse shook her head with a sigh.  "No you're fine. Come in, ill let you guys talk." She said, turning to (Y/N) before leaving. "I'll be back in 20 minutes. If none of that is eaten it'll be a refusal."

(Y/N) rubbed her face in annoyance as Miguel sat next to her on the bed. And for the moment, she had forgotten about the rivalries between dojos.

"Hawk told me you were here. He told me what happened." Miguel stared a he planted herself next to her. "You doing okay?"

"I'm fine." (Y/N) groaned. "Or at least I will be when that lasagne is away from me."

A small chuckle came from him as he gave her a pat on the back. "Whats so bad about it? Have you tried it?"

(Y/N) sent Miguel a tiny glare. "Take one long look at that thing and tell me its appetising."

Miguel glanced at the dish before shrugging. "It doesn't look... so bad."

"Liar."

"Okay fine it looks like it would bounce back if I threw it all the wall."

Laughter erupted from the both of them. Causing the nurse from before to look into the room. "Please quiet down. There are other patients!"

The laughter turned to giggles. "Sorry."

Before the nurse could leave, Miguel quickly grabbed her attention. "Excuse me, ma'am? Does (Y/N) have to eat this? Is there nothing else she can have?"