Chapter 6: Cold hell

[🌼] ------------------- |•| ------------------- [🌼]

Freddy

Maybe it wasn't a good idea for us to set off with this guy in the twilight. His truck doesn't seem to have a something to keep all the warmth we create with our bodies, since, despite my coats, my boots, my scarfs and more clothes that I got, I still can feel how some parts of my body freeze: my fingers, my toes and so on. But, despite the fact that comfortableness isn't the best in this truck, I feel like I was born again, since I had never gotten in my entire life to be outside in a truck in the passenger seat and being witness of the landscape and the place we're heading to. It's as if I were a human that got to go out and enjoy some vacations, but I gotta keep in mind that this isn't any vacation, and despite the fact of this dude making me a huge favor, I should keep an eye on him all the time, no one never knows when he's gonna make a weird movement that leads us out of our route. I still don't know how Mangle's gonna warn me about the route we gotta take, 'cause being back there without any windows well… doesn't seem to have many options. I believe that somehow her more gifted system will let her know everything of the road.

   When we finally drove down the mountain in which the restaurant is, I could tell there were more people around than I thought. Down here people were as covered as the three of us. Those golden lights found in every house around is reflected on that soft, white snow, which makes the town shinier, as some children and adults help making happier this vibe by skiing down those high mountains. It looked like a little, frozen fair where anyone could go out at any hour and have a nice, icy and romantic night, since it also seemed to be a perfect place for couples to share their most deep feelings; I've heard some rumors that French is the language of love. I guess that's why Chica decided to call that pizza 'L’amour', now I know what it means.

   I could see this guy wasn't that impressed of watching the restaurants, the lights and people around having a terrific night, he was focusing on going faster than the cars that were driving slower than us. Maybe travelling is something he's done a lot that now it's nothing so important or relevant to him. But this is something really new to me, I'm not gonna let his apathy stain my love for the outside and life. Slowly my feet started to get colder, as breathing got a little harder. I just hope Mangle had covered herself better than me back there.

   "You had never seen Mont-Tremblant?" he asked pronouncing that name the way I would do it, "I can tell you can't look off that window."

   "No. Actually I had never had the opportunity to be out like this and this close to humans," I was saying while watching a snowball fight outside a snow-covered house. "At Freddy's I was free to roam all around the restaurant and see the street through the windows, but I had never travelled in a truck and could see the road, I would normally be in the loading area turned off."

   "I got it. There was this time when I had to take some animatronic to his restaurant in Calgary, but when we arrived he didn't want to get off, he wanted to spend the rest of his days locked into the truck so he could watch the outside every day. I mean, I know it's rough to be locked in and working for our restaurants, but this is the life we have to deal with, it doesn't matter all the trash we can go through, we can't change what destiny gave us."

   I looked at him sideways a little sorry. Unfortunately I've known about animatronics that are not happy with the lives they have too; that only happen to the ones that are gifted like me since the ordinary ones can't feel and think by their own. His attitude made me think that maybe he's not that happy in his restaurant, and that's why he's been fosucing on driving so many miles too see the ones of his own kind and get away from his old routine. Do I feel like that? I don't think so, I mean, I was very comfortable with my job at Freddy's, and though I lasted about twelve years doing the same things I never complained about it. I'm an animatronic what loved his job and his co-workers, I'm pretty sure that if I get back to the same job I'll take it full of joy.