\ 8 - 6 /

[🌼] ------------------- |•| ------------------- [🌼]

"Freddy!" said Bonnie in the entrance of the Breaker Room, "I'm here! I just found some old coats. I guess these should work. I also brought some stuff to play with." He came to sit with me. "Look, I found a yo-yo. I have no idea how to use it, but at least it's something else we can use, right?"

   Bonnie's attitude was turning fonder and relaxing as days went on here; if it was the three of us we would make a great team to build an amazing future here in Whistler. Is it really worth it to leave and let her be on her own? Why is it so hard to decide? Bonnie didn't seem to notice that I wasn't listening to him, instead he started trying to play with his yo-yo but felt miserably; it just rolled onto the floor.

   "See any use on this?" he asked as I stared at him.

   "Bonnie…" I straightened my back.

   "I know, I know, it looks terrible, but with some practice I'm going to be able to do the tricks those children do. I… just… have… to…" His way to struggle was useless.

   "Bonnie," I said louder this time.

   "What? You want to try it out?" He looked at me, and then he started suspecting that something was wrong with me. "Are you ok? Are you sick?" He put the back of his paw on my forehead.

   "No." I grabbed his arm and put it away. "It's not that. Tell me something, Bonnie: do you like this place?"

   "Well, if it wasn't because of Mangle I would be wandering around with my skin all dried for my make up by now; that was so tiresome. But somehow I've settled down here and found a comfy space where I can get food. Don't you like it?" He came to lay on my shoulder.

   "Oh yeah, pretty neat," I tittered, "it's just that…" I started speaking slower. "Well… let's just say that I sort of found a way for us to go to another restaurant and start working right away."

   "Really? That's so cool! Where is that restaurant?"

   I felt like I was watching a horror movie where the creature lurking in the dark closer was about to pounce. Suddenly, a stomachache brew; I wanted to convince him it wasn't a good idea so he could regret about agreeing somehow. He seemed pretty excited.

   "It's close to the restaurant I used to work at. We'd have to go to Quebec."

   He kinda startled when he heard that.

   "Quebec? But how are we going to get there? We can't travel by the same way humans do; they would get rid of us in a blink of an eye. How are we supposed to do it?"

   "Look." I hung my arm over his shoulders. "This was actually an offer for Mangle to work in a new restaurant, but she gave it to us so we could start working immediately and not get rotten in this room; no offense. When I asked her about it, she told me the best way to do it was to get a truck, that we should be able to find it in the way up of some mountain in Whistler. I don't know how to get one, but she said they were available for workers that happened to need them; we'd have to give it back in some base in Mont-Tremblant."

   Bonnie said nothing. He looked around thoughtfully and sort of gloomy. What was it that got him thinking? Since the moment I got here I thought the ambience around here was so obnoxious that he would want to get the heck out of here, but he looks like I took all of the things he's lived in here and snatched them out of his swell memories. Did I sound selfish?

   "But, look, I'm still not that sure that this is such a good idea, 'cause we'd risk ourselves by going out so the humans—"

   "Let's do it," he replied with plenty of confidence.