Chapter 2: The Storyteller

[🌼] ------------------- |•| ------------------- [🌼]

Bonnie

What!? Whe… Where am I? Ohh… it's true, I'm once again in a journey toward a new chapter of my life, it's fortunately going to be one full of relevant experiences and not just a dark and cold room with nothing else to do but listen to a clock stuck on the wall ticking. I think I now understand why those men put on me all these clothes, now that I woke up again inside this truck it's getting colder, as if the walls and the floor of it were about to turn into hard ice. For all I can hear in here I can't tell if they're taking me to a specific place, I've been hearing the same wheels go over flat concrete or asphalt, not even birds in the morning or cocks make their own respective sounds.

   It was really hard for me along one year to realize that Springtrap's condition wasn't that bad at all, since… if I would have decided to stay back then they had probably killed us all or force people to turn us off forever. Since the day I went through Freddy’s doors I convinced myself that it was no use to feel sad or blue for leaving behind everything that could be born into my heart and someone else's heart; however, that sparkle of dying hope lasted for a while when I knew I had arrived to a vault where I was going to be kept into. 'I'm not going to die!' I had thought when the workers from Freddy's had delivered me. I thought for a moment my creator's mistakes weren't so bad to doom me into a ruthless suffer, but it rather looks like Springtrap had a smoother heart in considering his ultimate punishment. Bah! What am I saying!? After what I had to go through with him during those days, it's just preposterous the idea of him having mercy of somebody. I just can't figure out what was the reason why he didn't get rid of me, not even in almost an entire year I could.

   Things around here were getting colder, so I decided to snuggle into a little corner of the truck; the fact of not being packed into a crate was really comfortable, otherwise I would be knowing one of all the fates that I thought Springtrap was going to give me. I sat down and I hugged my legs with my arms while my body was gradually shivering more.

   After thirty minutes, or what seemed to feel like thirty minutes, I heard again people talking around, all those kind of noises anyone hear in a town just like when I worked at Freddy's or MoonLight. This, of course, didn't give me a clue about our new destiny; we've been through many towns that I already lost count, I'll just stop thinking and be sure to not die back here. It's so cold!

   I started to hear those noises of people and children started to perish. I'm pretty sure this is because of the time it is, since I can at least have some sun rays in here when it's day. Perhaps those little orifices where the sunlight comes are the ones that are also in charge of freezing my ears and my fluffy tail; it's not that fluffy right now. I wish I could have all the privileges I had at Freddy’s: a bed, a shower, a place to move freely, friends and love. I had no idea about all the things I had when I was there, but after a year lacking of that I can now say I must have been really thankful to all of them. A robot's life like me is not that easy, and worse if you go out by your lonesome.

   The truck had finally parked somewhere; we weren't driving straight anymore. I knew it was my time to open up the curtains and know my new future. I got up from that corner and I placed myself in the center of the truck so they couldn't suspect I moved without authorization. They opened up the truck's back door, and the first thing I could feel was a freaking cold! If I thought it was cold in here, well outside was like one hundred times more. Since they had put me into this truck without turning me off I had to hold my urge of shivering and move freely. I closed tightly my eyelids and didn't make any sound.

   It was really hard to tell what was going on around me, I just heard they were talking about work or personal affairs. My surroundings didn't seem to be anything but a bunch of tall trees and wastelands because of the insignificant sound. Since I've been always afraid of humans seeing me moving without permission I decided not to take a little peek, I held that insatiable urge.

   While they were transporting me by a hand truck I could figure out we were heading toward an underground place, since as we went forward my surrounding sounded as if my ears were being covered from bottom to top, besides the fact of the wheels going over stairs and not a flat ramp. At last we finally made it without going down anymore. The place was so silent and cold, but once a door was opened in front of me and we got into another room the cold faded away, it was as if I would have gotten into a warm and cozy house. I still couldn't listen to anything around me, everything was so still and quiet.

   Because of how nervous I was I forgot how many doors had been opened so I could get in, I actually was feeling like they were getting me into a maze from which I would never make it out alive. I didn't even know if this place had lights. The last door opened and the man—it was just one—stopped the hand truck, and then he put me down and left me standing in the middle of this room. I felt like I was in the center of a place forgotten and forsaken for humanity. After that he walked away closing behind him the heavy, noisy door out of metal. I heard the sound of his shoes fade away in the distance, and then I heard one elevator's doors open. An elevator? Couldn't we just use it to bring me down here? Sometimes people are kind of weird.

   I waited for the moment that I stopped listening to those sounds. That moment didn't take too long. I slowly opened my eyes and I barely see a thing, I was in a room sort of big and very dark. Before me was a conveyor machine wide enough for me to sit over and not fall down. There were some black wires hanging from the ceiling, and I definitely couldn't see how deep this room was, it looked like an endless cave. Afterward I looked at either side of me and it was just the gray walls of this room; in my right side there was a tool box with some stuff spread around and some rusty metals. This… This makes me think that I'm not going to be alone at all.

   I turned around to see the door that got me in here, it was dirty and kind of rusty too. The sensation of not knowing anything around was unbearable, I just wanted to know where the hell they took me to. Without thinking of the risk of being seen I opened the door, I tried to do it as slow as I could. There was outside a light illuminating this door from up above, but the rest of the place was dark. Now I could see the end of this new room, and I could tell this one was smaller than the one that had no bottom. I went out closing the door behind me; its way to sound as loud as hell bristled my fur. Because of how quiet is in here any little, tiny noise sounds like a radio with the maximum volume. I started to walk over this floor that looked just like the one at Freddy's: like a chessboard. The light above the door was so thin that it didn't get me too long to be into total darkness. I just had to reach that other side with another light. It seemed that in front of me was a control room since I could see monitors and little windows. It was as if I were 'outside'.

   I got to that little room's wall, and I could tell it was all about a control room; it had two little poles like lecterns with a red and a blue button on the top of them. They were pointing at anyone who were standing in the center of the room. I also could see some little monitors above one of the walls, but they were all turned off. They were just odd things that I used to see a lot in the office at Freddy's.

   I found a little duct ventilation right next to my feet, I thought it was perfect for any adult human to go all the way through and still have space to spare. I crotched down to see it and I supposed it would be big enough for me as well. I laid completely down and I dragged myself across it. In an instant I was already in. I got up and started to study the place. It wasn't all about just one duct ventilation connected to it, but four positioned like a cross. I couldn't ignore the fact that was scared death; my legs and my hands couldn't help but shudder. If I was already here the least I could do was to find out where I was. I got a little closer to the buttons at my left side, I was just so curious about their function. For some reason the buttons were turned on as the green, fluorescent lights over me and the ones on the edge of the windows were too.

   I took a last peek at the rest of the stuff that surrounded me and I didn't see a reason why I shouldn't press that button, I didn't even mind of looking into the drawers of the desk in front of me, I just wanted to press one of those buttons.

   The blue one had a picture of what seemed to be a sun, and the red one of a lightning. I pressed the blue one. Right outside of the left window I could see a white, human-shaped animatronic with its head pointing at me with its arms all the way up.

[🌼] ------------------- |•| ------------------- [🌼]