\ 6 - 1 /

[🌼] ------------------- |•| ------------------- [🌼]

When that guy was out of the truck I whispered to Mangle so she could look for another place to hide.

   "Mangle, Mangle." I was talking low, but anyone could hear how hysterical I was. "That guy is gonna make us sleep in the loading area, you should hide somewhere else."

   "Don't worry, Freddy, I already got this, you guys come to sleep here."

   "What do you mean by got this? Where are you gonna hide?"

   "I'll tell you later, now you have to do whatever he says so he won't get mad. Hurry up."

   I got off the truck and walked to the back of it just like he did. I saw him trying to open up the door, however, it was so cold that I could barely listen to some pieces of ice getting broken. When he opened it I could see many of his stuff were spread around, but all of it inside its box or not broken. Mangle wasn't inside, there was not even sign that she was ever in there.

   "I got two inflatable mattress in here. Inflate yours as fast as you can and then go to sleep, tomorrow we'll be moving early so no human can see us." He climbed up into the loading area and looked among boxes.

   I felt like my whole body was going numb, and it was not because the icy air that was in charge of making little crystals on our fur, but for having no idea where the heck Mangle was. If something goes wrong in her plan and this guy finds her out, he might change his mind and don't want to take us anywhere and forsake us in the middle of this dark highway. I really hope she knows what she's doing.

   "Here." He handed me a gray, inflatable mattress, "hurry up before your tail freezes out there."

   I got in just like he did. He turned on an orange light bulb above us and trying to cover up all of the little holes around. It was colder in here than in the other side. I couldn't help but shake and feel my teeth chatter rapidly. He didn't seem to be so cold, but I could tell he was too because of those little pieces of ice around his eyes.

   When we both finished inflating our mattresses I was willing to sleep in one corner of this place so he could use the other one, but then he told me it was convinient for both of us to sleep as close as possible, that way we would be able to share some of the warmth we generate. I decided not to complain and listen to the one that has done this many times. Before we went to sleep, I felt like I wanted to talk to him; he did laid down.

   "Hey…"

   "Mmm?"

   "How could I pay you for this whole thing you're making?" My voice something broke for the cold.

   "Don't need to do that, Freddy, it's just a big favor that I was able to do, why shouldn't I help you if I can? I'm just going to ask you to keep your ears warm until we get to your place."

   "Seems hard to do so, even though we already got this bunch of clothes still feels like my tail is freezing. Even pronouncing the words is kinda hard, almost like my jaw is also freezing." I manipulated my jaw with my hand a little.

   "The more you think about cold, the more you convince your mind you're freezing. Just focus on sleeping and not in how cold the outside is, that seems to work for me. Now go to sleep." And then he covered himself with a black quilt over his cheekbones.

   I placed myself in the same position to sleep, however, I did in a way he could just see my back.

   "Thanks," I said as a 'good night'