Chapter 18 ❁ Ticket to ride

Song of the chapter: Claire De Lune- Claude Debussy

"Please?" Draco whined.

"You really think we're ready for something like that?" I asked skeptically. 

"I think you can handle anything Darling." He smirked and I melted. 

He had his legs open and I was sitting in between them on the ground of the library, book in hand but forgotten. 

"But would your parents be fine with it? You already missed the first train because of me and I don't want to upset them more by showing up uninvited."

"But don't you see Angel? I wrote to them and told them why I had missed the first train home and they invited you to come meet them!"

I took a deep breath and turned my face up towards his.

"In all honesty your parents scare the hell out of me. I want them to like me. It's just really short notice!" I said breathlessly.

"They'll love you."

He kissed my forehead as if that would sway me (it might have) and looped our fingers together as if that would make my heart flutter (he succeeded in this too).

I gasped for air as if I hadn't been breathing normally for hours and almost laughed at myself.

"Fine," I muttered.

"Great! Come on, get up. We're going to pack your bags." 

He wrapped his arms under mine and lifted me to my feet. Before he could walk away I grabbed his wrist, pulled him to me and kissed him breathless.

"What's that for?" he asked with a smile.

"You do realize how much you mean to me, correct?"

"Of course I realize. You're coming to meet my parents for god's sakes! That's pretty bloody terrifying."

He laughed and the knot in my stomach eased.

"I've been meaning to ask you something actually," he said. Our hands were locked together by our sides as we walked back to the common room.

"Go ahead then," I smiled.

"Would you like anything specific for Christmas?"

I stopped in my tracks and he continued before being yanked backwards by our connecting arms.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy," I began.

"Angel Claire Grey," Draco replied.

"You aren't under the impression that you have to get me a Christmas gift are you?"

"Well- see I've already gotten you one but I figured I should check and make sure I also got you something I knew you'd like."

He blushed profusely and moved his hand to the back of his neck. I thought immediately of the gift hidden in my school trunk I'd gotten for him.

"Draco!" I exclaimed.

"What!" he said back, eyes wide.

"When did you even have time to get me something?"

"Never mind all that. Will you just answer the question?"

"I'm sure I will love whatever you got me Draco. Don't worry."

I smiled and he seemed content with my answer.

We walked the rest of the way back to the common room while I told Draco about football. A muggle sport I'd loved before coming to Hogwarts.