Chapter 11 ❁ Starry Adventures

Song of the chapter: Take yours, I'll take mine- Matthew Mole

"It's all a bit overwhelming isn't it?" he said, adjusting his position next to me.

"Yeah," I laughed halfheartedly. "I also think it's very possible I've had about three drinks too many."

Draco chuckled and played with the rings on his fingers.

"Would you like to get out of here then?" he asked me as he stood up again.

I looked up at him and he offered me his hand. I took it and let him lead me up a few floors. We reached the library and Draco pushed open the door.

"I can't believe they leave it unlocked," I said, astonished.

"I suppose they figured nobody but the Granger girl would want to come in here enough for it to be of much trouble."

"Then I guess they don't know me very well do they?" I remarked.

He shook his head and smiled down at me. 

"So. Are we doing something fun tonight?" I asked hopefully.

"What? The party wasn't enough for you?" he chuckled.

"The party was perfect but now I want my kind of fun," I smirked.

"What would that be exactly," he said cooly.

I smiled widely and raced over to the bookshelves.

"You want to look at books?" he asked in surprise.

"What? You don't want to?" I asked, suddenly becoming shy.

"Are you kidding? I live for books."

Suddenly there was a new Draco stranding in front of me. His eyes were shining with excitement and he was more animated than ever before. His smile was wide, his hands in his hair, his fingertips brushing the spines of old books. Then his feet were standing on the roof of the wood cabinets that resided under the many bookshelves. He was biting his bottom lip and concentrating deeply on one book in particular.

I turned to my own bookshelf and grabbed three or four before sitting down to read them.

"Oh no you don't," he said, hopping down. He shut the book in my hand and pulled me to my feet.

"What?" I replied in a confused tone.

"We've got a few more adventures to go on tonight before we can sit down and read like grandparents."

I smiled expectantly and he grabbed my hand. Then, putting a small book in his back pocket, we ran out of the library and down three flights of stairs.

He led me to the great oak door that opened out onto the great lawn.

"It's locked at night," I whispered.

"We don't need the door to get out Angel," he whispered back. He squeezed my hand and walked a few feet to the right where there were three large portraits of sleeping witches and wizards and a window above them all.

Suddenly Draco let go of my hand and stepped onto the frame of the lowest portrait.

"Draco what are you doing?" I whisper-laughed.

"Come on!" he replied gesturing for me to follow. I rolled my eyes but did as he asked. We stepped from the bottom edge to top edge of each frame until Draco was at the window which he pushed open and hopped out of. I sat on the windowsill and looked down. It was a far jump, maybe eight feet or so and I wasn't sure how we were supposed to get back up into the castle once outside.