Chapter 6 ❁ An Unknown Vendetta

Song of the chapter: If you need me- Julia Michaels

I found that Draco could be bearable. Though his actions were sometimes rude and generally unexpected it was becoming clear to me that the more time I spent with him the more I got used to his crude jokes and cold comments. Weeks. Weeks of time passed blissfully where Draco would make simple movements or do silly little actions and my heart would begin to beat faster. Where he made fun of the amount of sugar I ate. Where he avoided me at all costs when Pansy was around, (which we laughed about later and in private.)

It was also becoming clear that he felt the same about me. He told me once that I was quite tolerable and he had no reason to reprimand me anymore.

"Angel," he had said. "I've found you to be one of the most down-to-Earth people I've ever met."

It was barely even a compliment but I had spent hours after that moment thinking about the way his hands had looked resting on the library table and the way his tongue and lips had curled over each word.

In all honesty Draco Malfoy was the main thought I had. Sometimes I thought just of his name and all the ways I could say it. Sometimes his lips and all the ways I could kiss and caress them. Often I shook my head clear of these images but sometimes, very rarely, I would let them play out, imagining every detail.

It was in a moment like this, where my mind was allowed to run free, that the peaceful silence was broken.

"There's about a week until Halloween and I was thinking we should have a party in our common room Halloween night!" Daphne said from the end of my bed. Pansy, Millicent, Daphne and I were laying out on the four-poster beds in my dorm room eating the sweets we still had left over from our Hogsmead trip and reading an assortment of newspapers and books.

"Like a costume party? Seriously Daph, how lame can you get?" Pansy remarked rudely.

"I think it's a good idea Pansy," Millicent said in an accusatory tone.

"Fine believe what you want but costume parties scream muggle," Pansy said. She turned her beady eyes back onto the page of The Daily Prophet she was reading.

"I think it sounds fun. But I don't have a costume to wear," I thought out loud.

"Then it's perfect that we have a month to shop for some! I need one too! It can be a whole outing. We'll go into Hogsmead this weekend and see what they have," Millicent squealed excitedly.

"Darlings! We're forgetting one thing!" Daphne screeched. Then she raised her eyebrows and looked at us expectantly.

"What?" I giggled, not catching on.

"We need to invite everyone before getting things!" she reminded us.

Without another hesitation we ran down into the common room and stood at the top of the staircase.

"Announcement!" Daphne called over the lazy voices below. The conversations petered out and Daphne cleared her throat happily.

"We are going to have an exclusively Slytherin costume party for Halloween this year! Who's in?" she called.

There was a roar of approval and Millicent smiled at me.

~Draco's POV~

I watched her smile and felt my insides squirm just a little. She stood there like a fucking goddess, hair down to the small of her back, eyes glowing, toes pushing her whole body up and back down again the way she always does when she's nervous or happy. I noticed her too much for my own good. For her own good.