Chapter 26 ❁ Red

TW. Sorryyyyyy but self harm and suicide again 

Song of the chapter: The night we met- Lord Huron

He arrived in a swirling rush of black robes and what seemed like mist. His smile was disappointed, as if he thought he wouldn't have to come here at all.

"Evangeline Gray," he hissed.

I squirmed, his face was too close to mine, I remembered the dementors and the way they had sucked all life out of their victims. It was altogether too similar and I shivered.

"I was hoping you would have cooperated and come to see me on your own accord. Obviously you need a bit of convincing."

"You're mistaken," I told him, suddenly becoming too brave for my own good. "I would never join you. I have never wanted to, nor will I ever want to."

I remembered the idea I had gotten in the prison cell, to kill myself. I thought perhaps this time I might get the chance to finish what I'd started. I grabbed a broken shard of glass that was laying on the floor from when I'd killed the other Death Eaters, ready to end it all.

I sighed a bit, the irony of trying this again after I'd failed the first time almost made me laugh. I felt so very dramatic but it would all be worth it if it meant Voldemort lost a crucial part of his plan.

I made the cut, crying out as the blood spurted out of my veins.

Red.

Red red red red

The color of pain, I'd decided.

It was my favorite color, also the one I dreaded to see.

Voldemort laughed as my vision went blurry, a sound that stung my ears if that was even possible.

His fingers grazed at my cheek and the cuts on my wrist faded to scars. I groaned. 

Seriously?

How hard was it to end a life for gods sakes. My own to be precise. 

"Draco is a part of our ranks Evangeline, you could be with him forever."

This stopped me from saying or doing something else. 

I was in love with Draco. So in love I would give up my life for him. But would I help the biggest threat to mankind for him? How could I say yes? The pain in my wrist was fading as the blood had.

"You don't have to hide from me Evangeline. I know what your soul wants," his voice was a rough whispering noise that sounded so close to a snake's hiss I almost thought he would bite and poison me if I made a wrong move.

"Must I really do all the talking?" When I didn't answer he sighed and pulled his wand out of his robes.

"Submission really is less of a choice with me Ms. Gray. You should give up now."

He held his wand up, muttered something that sounded like crucio and allowed a searing pain to spread all over my body. It was pain worse than the cuts I'd inflicted on myself, worse than the purest form of self-sabotage.

I was forced onto the ground in pain.

"Evangeline Gray I'm willing to make a deal with you."

The pain never stopped so I cried our in hopes he would take pity on me and turn it off. Of course the Dark Lord wouldn't feel sorry for someone and stop hurting them, it didn't work like that.

"You go back to Hogwarts. Do not tell anyone of this. See Draco, convince yourself you love him if you must and then come back to me. You have a week. One week before I come to Hogwarts and get you and Potter both, to kill you."