Chapter 29 ❁ Euthanasia

Song of the chapter: Sign of the Times- Harry Styles.

"Voldemort," I said.

I had decided something. If I was going to die tonight, although this was really more of a when, then I was going to die with my last ounce of bravery. Therefore when I spoke to my murderer my voice didn't shake.

"Have you thought about my... proposition?" he hissed.

I nodded. "Like I said before, I will never join your ranks."

He cackled a bit before shrugging, "Your loss," he says slowly.

"I really think the loss should be counted as yours seeing as you're the only one not getting what they want."

He hissed through his teeth, baring them at me threateningly. 

"Seeing as you do not wish to become a Death Eater I have two options. One, I kill you. Two, I force you into cooperation with the use of the Imperius Curse."

I panicked.

"You never told me-" I began.

"I never claimed to tell you all of my options Ms. Gray. Nor did I pretend that controlling you was out of the question, you simply... forgot."

I shivered and lost the courage I'd hoped to die with. What was the point anyway if I wasn't going to die tonight.

"Don't worry Evangeline. I may not play fair but I don't wish to have you in my ranks anymore. You've proven yourself ultimately annoying and stupid. I will kill you tonight as I promised."

It was so strange that these were the words that comforted me.

"So. Any last words?" he said joyfully.

I thought for a moment. What was worth saying to absolutely nobody but Lord Voldemort? What words could sum up my life? Or better yet, the last few months which were, unmistakably, the best in my life.

I could tell him he was going to loose but I didn't want there to be any chance that my last words were a lie. 

If Draco were here I know what I'd say to him.

Sometimes I think I feel you when we are apart. When the wind brushes against my cheeks and blows the hair out of my face I can feel your fingertips. When the warm sun hits my arms in the afternoon I can feel your warmth, your kindness. Sometimes the smooth glass of windows reflects little lights and I can see your eyes. I can never see or feel you in total. Just little hints that even in death you're here with me. The world is falling apart around me. I don't know what is false and what is true. I don't really know who to trust. I only know one thing for certain. You and I were made for each other and yet we will never be able to be together. That is my life's biggest flaw. 

But he was not here with me, there were no arms for me to fall back into when the green lights ended my life.

I shook my head, no words could possibly describe the emotions I'd felt at some points in my life that were worth talking about.

"Very well then."

And then everything was nothing and yet it felt like something.

I guess I thought it was going to hurt.

Death I mean. 

Instead it was warm.

Warm like the sun.

Or bath water.

Or Draco's arms.

Or the black lake in the summer.