Chapter 3 ❁ A half giant, A few Slytherins and a Prophecy

Song of the chapter: Heathens- Twenty One Pilots

The next day I didn't bother going down to the great hall. What's the point when I wouldn't be able to eat anything anyway. Everyone would be staring at me the way they always were and I figured it was best to stay away from the big crowds like Dumbledore said.

I hadn't gotten another chance to ask Dumbledore more about the prophecy he was talking about but I figured it wasn't as important as he made it seem. If it was he would've come to talk to me.

I continued reading Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them but my mind was otherwise occupied with thoughts of Draco's eyes and the curve of his nose. The way his breath had set my skin on fire and the way his lips had been close enough to touch them with my own.

I shook my head furiously and focused my eyes on the book page. The words inked there screamed at me and made my head spin.

The door to my dorm swung open and in came Pansy and Draco attached at the lips. They didn't notice me until they were on top of each other on Pansy's bed.

I cleared my throat.

Draco looked up and his cheeks became a vivid shade of red.

Pansy giggles.

Her hands are still on him.

His breathing is still fast and short.

I am not in control of my body anymore.

"Not surprised," I muttered as I picked up my book and walked to the door.

"What did you just say?" Pansy asked as if she was pushing me to say something wrong.

"Just that I wasn't surprised," I told her quietly. I was feeling more and more uncomfortable with every passing moment.

"Yeah. Why would you be? Draco and I are bred to be together," she rambled.

"I didn't realize I was a dog Pansy," Draco growled. Suddenly she looked very nervous. He pushed her off of him finally and stormed out the door past me, hitting my shoulder with his own as he did so.

"You're a real bitch you know that?" Pansy whined angrily.

"Me?" I asked in astonishment. "You're the one who made him angry!"

I saw the rage in her eyes and thought it best to leave before she got angry enough to hex me.

I passed Draco in the common room. His hair was still tousled from being underneath Pansy. He caught my eye and pinched his face up quickly, warning me not to tell. Of course I wouldn't tell. I didn't have anyone to tell. These thoughts crossed my mind before I remembered that I did have someone to tell! I had Ginny and I had Hagrid. Sometimes Harry, Ron and Hermione would act like my friends so I might even be able to tell them.

I sighed though because I knew that even though I could tell them, I wouldn't.

The thought of Hagrid made me realize I hadn't even gone to see him yet this year. With this realization I raced up the stairs and down a few halls until I was at the huge door leading out onto the lawn. I pushed it open and ran as fast as I could to Hagrid's hut.

"Hagrid!" I called as I banged on the door.

"Comin'!" A gruff voice said from inside.

As soon as the door opened I threw my arms around Hagrid's big stomach. He smelled of the woods and the Earth. I felt at home immediately in his presence.

"Well finally! I though' you weren' ever gonna come say hello!" he chuckled.

"Sorry! I guess I've been stressed about the whole- being put into Slytherin thing."