Hot Like Fire.

Aaron raises a hand and waves. "Hey Professor Downey."
Without hesitation he storms towards the man.
Downey can't hide a smirk and turns towards us coming.
"Hello." He simply replies. "I'm sorry, I know you attend North High, but I didn't catch your name."
His politeness is making me sick.
"Aaron, Sir. And this is Aria. But I think you already know each other."
Aaron seemingly can't resist to indicate.
"Miss Hart." He almost whispers.
I look him straight in the eye. "Professor."
The fire inside his eyes seems to burn itself into my mind. Just now, I realise that he's actually trying new clothes on. Wearing a grey suit, with a crisp white shirt underneath.
"Are you shopping?" Aaron blurts out and I can't believe that he's actually trying to start a conversation.
"Obviously." I mumble.
Downey turns towards the mirror in front of him and straightens the jacket he's wearing. "I am trying to figure out wether I should get the black or grey suit."
I look at the ceiling, imagining a way of getting out of this awkward situation.
Aaron pinches me into the side.
"Ouch." I squeak. Pushing him away.
"Why don't you tell Professor Downey your opinion?"
I frown. "What opinion?"
"That you think grey is a sexy colour." Aaron reminds me. I gasp and start to stutter. "I-I never s-said that."
Suddenly, Downey interferes. "You think that colour looks sexy on me?"
"It's too tight." I reply immediately, making sure he doesn't get the wrong impression. The sad thing is, it looks good as hell. And I'm trying my best to resist.
"Makes you look fat, Sir."
I hear Aaron suck in a sharp breath.
A smirk appears on Downey's face.
"You obviously can't move, properly." I add. "Let alone-
But his body starts to move and then all of a sudden he starts to step dance and in one swift moment spins around like a trained dancer. His hair falls out of plays and after two short pirouettes in a second, Downey comes to a stand, with his head hanging down and then slowly, taking his time, he moves his head up. Capturing me with his glance. "Dance?"
My eyes widen and the air seems to be stuck in my throat, as well as my voice. Which apparently, isn't working. So I just stare and don't move, looking like a fucking dork.
Biting my lip, I finally manage to inhale.
Before I can say anything, Aaron raises his voice.
"Well. That was unexpected."
Downey straightens his posture and clears his throat. He runs his fingers through his hair, putting it back in place. Oh, how badly do I want to feel it between my fingers, right now. Pressing my forehead against his, running my hands up and down his chest, breathing in his scent. I know, right there in this moment that he has won this one. I miss his presence, the way he looks at me. And how my body reacts when his comes closer.
Downey recognises my glance and snaps with his fingers right in front of me.
I blink a couple of times.
"So, you two are looking for prom clothes?" He asks.
Aaron seems to be relieved that he said something.
"Yes! Yes, we are. Looking for my suit."
"You're not a tux guy, are you?" Downey says.
"Not really, less options." Aaron replies.
Then Downey turns to me. "So, is your dress going to match?"
"Aria isn't going." Aaron interrupts.
Downey's eyes widen and he raises an eyebrow. "You're not?"
"No." I reply, crossing my arms.
"I assumed you two were going together?" He wondered.
Aaron starts to laugh. "She refuses to go with me. But even if she would let me take her, I would never ever wear a purple tie."
Downey grins. "Purple?"
"It's her favourite colour. But it makes me look pale." He replies.
"Excuse me? I'm right here." I say and interrupt their separate conversation.
The men turn towards me. "But it's your senior prom! You have to go. It's a tradition." Downey demands.
I shake my head. "Why? I'd rather spend three hundred bucks on something more useful."
"So you're short on money?" He states.
"No, I'm just...tired of...tradition." I mumble and Downey nods.
"So, no one asked you?"
I sigh, annoyed by his questions.
"Until now, no one has asked me, no."
"Well, you never know what will happen." He whispers.
Aaron escapes a squeak. I turn to him and my jaw tenses. My death stare doesn't seem to stop him from starting to giggle, hysterically.
"Calm down, Aaron."
"I'm sorry." He mumbles and turns away.
Downey starts to grin. "I'd better get going, my date isn't going to wait for me."
Aaron's chuckle suddenly stops and he raises an eyebrow. "Date?"
The Professor nods. "Yes, Aaron, even extraordinary, amazing human beings like me, sometimes agree to interact socially with others."
My facial expression is quickly loosing it's strength. I can't believe it. Every time, ever single time, he gets me to believe everything he says.
"We'll leave you to it, Professor." I mutter and pull Aaron away.
"Nice meeting you, Professor Downey." Aaron mumbles and I can feel the disappointment in his tone.
"My pleasure, Aaron."
We move backwards.
"Aria!" A voice I slowly recognise, shouts from the back of the store.
I turn around and see Hannah rushing down the aisles.
My eyes widen in surprise and I attempt to wave.
"Hannah? What are you doing here?"
She throws her arms around me and gives Aaron a kiss on the cheek.
Then she leans away and over, so she stands right next to Downey. Grabbing his arm. "Me and Handsome right here, we have to get a birthday present for John."
Downey grins like a clown and leans into Hannah.
Aaron's eyes light up. "So, that's your date?"
They both nod and I try to back away.
"What a surprise." I say sarcastic.
"Would you like to help, Aria?" Downey says and extends his hand. Almost, just out of habit, I grab it. But instead, I take one step further away. "No, thanks."
I know I definitely shouldn't be, but those two together make me so angry. Seeing Downey having an arm around somebody else...
"I think we should go." I finally say.
Aaron still seems a bit confused.
Downey lowers his hand and shoves it into the pocket of his fancy pants.
"By the way, there is this guy who called you." Hannah says and frowns. "I think it's William or something."
I tilt my head to the left and see Downey gasping.
"What did he want?" Hopefully my excitement about this isn't too obvious.
"He asked if you were free on Friday and if he could take you to the beach house of his parents." She replies and gives me a suspicious glance.
"Tomorrow?" I ask.
She nods and I immediately feel Downey cringe.
"Right, I'll call him back."
Hannah still looks at me, as if she's waiting for something more to come.
"What are you going to say?"
Before Downey can raise his voice to give me a lesson about college boys, I start to speak.
"Obviously, I will tell him when to pick me up."
Biting his lip, Downey shoots me a death stare. Filled with so much anger that I almost feel the storm inside of his eyes rushing towards me.
The satisfaction of seeing him getting jealous, is so utterly comforting that I'm almost overwhelmed by it. The smirk on my face hopefully isn't too obvious. But I can't contain my happiness about the perfection of this situation.
"We'd better get going, Robert. It's already half past five and we didn't even start." Hannah explains and starts to pull him towards the exit of the store.
Downey's eyes narrow themselves and the fire is there, I can see it. Almost feeling the heat coming from his body, right now.
We exchange goodbyes.
Aaron turns around and starts walking in the opposite direction.
As I turn around for the last time, I see that Downey is still watching us.
He mouths something, which is hard to figure out. But then it is all clear.
You wouldn't dare.
Licking my lips, I smile, mischievously and move my lips.
Watch me.