Playing With Fire.

****

Authors note:

Thank you all for the massive support!!

I'm so grateful that all of you are enjoying this story so much :))

Sorry for not updating in such a long time! I hope you'll have fun reading this!

Lots of love to you guys!

xxx

****

"So, since we are officially fake dating, do you wanna grab a coffee or something?" Bryan leans against my locker and nibbles at the sleeve end of his varsity jacket.

I sigh and push him to the side to open the rusty red door.

"Bryan. I don't think this is a good idea and I'm kind of seeing someone."

He raises an eyebrow and puts his hands in the pocket of his dark jeans. "Come on. Please! Have you seen Maya's look? She's totally gonna come back to me, but I really need your help. I'm sure University Guy won't mind, since we'll just hang out a couple of times."

Will...he obviously thinks I'm talking about Will.

I'd love to help Bryan, but I've seen Downey's look in class. And I'm not sure if he'll react this calm if he finds out that I'm seeing Bryan.

Slowly the thought of Downey and me being official creeps into my head.

Casually waking up in his bed, like it has always been this way, like it will always be like that. Trying on his shirts, because he thinks they look so much better on me. Seeing him staring back at me, when I open my eyes in the morning.

Arguing about wether his bag is a man-bag or a purse and giving up, because I like to see his reaction when he wins an argument.

"Aria?" Bryan waves his hand in front of my face and frowns, ripping me out of my trance. "Are you there?"

I blink a couple of times and my vision clears. "Sorry, I got a bit carried away."

"Well, do we have a deal?"

I look on the ground and analyse the very interesting pattern on the hallway floor.

He smiles. "My uncle works for 'Lockwood Publishing' and I could get you an internship there. For the whole summer."

I gasp and look at him, in disbelief.

"Wait..what? You're telling me that you could get me an internship at one of the most famous publishing houses in America ? Are you kidding me?"

Pleased by my reaction, Bryan grins and scratches the back of his head.

"I knew you'd like it."

Then I think about it and my inner fangirl slowly calms down.

"Bryan, it's really kind of you to offer me that internship. But I can't accept it."

His eyebrows rise and he looks surprised back at me. "Why?"

"You can't bribe me with something like that. It wouldn't be right to accept it, I'm sorry."

"Listen Aria, I didn't offer you that internship because I want to bribe you...."

He looks at me and I stare back at him, scrutiny.

Then he laughs and nods. "Alright, alright. Maybe a little. But my uncle is currently searching for interns and from what I've heard in class, you're pretty damn good, with a pen and some paper, so why waste this opportunity?"