Drive.

"Why do you even have mirrored windows?"
He raises an eyebrow and crosses his arms.
"So, nobody can see what's happening inside." I reply and shrug my shoulders. "You don't have to drive with me."
"Yes, I have to." Downey says.
"It's not necessary!"
My hand is already on the handle and I open the car door. Throwing my bag on the backseat.
"It certainly is, young lady." He replies and opens another car door.
"Don't call me that, I'm not twelve. And you don't have to come with me, I can drive home by myself." I snap and get inside the car.
I almost feel him rolling his eyes.
Without hesitation, he gets on the passenger seat and puts on his seatbelt.
I don't say anything and he does the same.
His hand wanders towards mine and I immediately pull it away.
"I'm sorry." He says and sighs. Still, no reaction.
"I said I'm sorry." Downey tries again and turns towards me. "Don't you want to react on that?"
Shrugging my shoulders, I turn the engine on and push the pedal down.
"Is that a no?"
"Maybe." I say and stare at the street in front of me, disappearing under the wheels.
"You do know that you're pretty cute when you're angry with me, right?" Downey says and chuckles.
"I'm dead serious." I snap and he reaches out to me, again.
His large hand covers my thigh, sending lightning through my body.
It doesn't take long for me to drive to my house, it's only a couple of blocks away. On purpose, I stop the car around the corner and turn the engine off.
"I think you should get out now." I say and wait for him to leave.
"Why?" Downey asks, still not pulling his hand away.
"My parents shouldn't see you with me." I whisper, my eyes fixated on the road.
A raspy laugh comes from his throat. "Your parents love me."
"That's because you're as old as they are." I hiss, through my gritted teeth.
His eyes narrow and I can feel that I've maybe gone a bit too far.
"Seriously?" His voice is without any emotions, I don't like it that way.
"It's the truth." I snap back and turn towards him. "I'm eighteen, your forty-nine. That's a 31 year difference. You're one year younger than my father."
Downey's facial expression isn't as relaxed as it was before and I can see that he has to force himself to stay calm.
"I know that, don't you think I am fully aware of our situation?" He replies and his voice is louder than intended.
I don't say anything in return and just stare outside the window. His hand is now losing touch of my body.
"I think we shouldn't see each other for a while." Downey mumbles.
"How mature of you, thank god there is at least one adult in this relationship." I say, sarcastic.
Now, he's angry.
"You're so incredibly immature!" Downey shouts and just makes me more furious.
"Shouldn't you be fucking with somebody your age, instead of judging me?" I snap.
"Since when, has age ever been a problem for you, Aria?" His glance catches mine and the storm in his eyes is now drowning in a sea of disappointment.
One hand runs trough his hair and the other one opens his seatbelt.
"I didn't know, you were even wasting a thought on that." He says and waits a moment for me to reply. But my lips are sealed, the words locked inside like a hidden treasure. My throat is so dry that I can't even breathe.
He's waiting. I don't know what to say, what to do. So I stay silent and just wait for him to leave.
Disappointed by myself for being so incredibly rude to him. Hurting his feelings.
"Well, I always thought you were not ready for this." Downey whispers.
I gasp and abruptly spin around, eyeing him.
"Don't you even dare to do this."
My body shivers from the anger rising inside me.
"Do what?"
"Don't you label me as the immature little girl, who doesn't have her shit together."
He laughs. It's a sarcastic chuckle, so deep that it makes my mind spin around.
"That's certainly what you are, Aria!"
"Oh. Fuck you!" I shout and suddenly my hand moves right across his face, hitting his cheek.
Nothing.
Nobody says anything.
He just stares at me in disbelief and I try as much as I can, to maintain my furious expression.
Before I can even realise, what's actually happening, Downey's arms reach out to me and pull me aggressively towards him.
With only one light gasp, I surrender, shocked by his sudden action.
Immediately, I sit on top of him and my face is only inches away from his. Before I am able to say anything, Downey's lips rush into mine.
The taste of coffee and sweet cereal melts together, between our mouths.
With the pressure of his arms on my back, I can't move and have to stay in my current position.
Without hesitation, Downey deepens the kiss, letting our tongues collide. My eyelids flutter for a second and then shut. The darkness surrounds me, like an ocean of tenderness.
And like that, everything is forgotten. All the anger just vanished.
My hands are in his hair and I know I want some more.
"I'm. Still. Angry." I stutter between kisses.
He breathes heavily and has to part from me, to answer.
"This isn't an excuse."
I rush my lower back into his and Downey moans, unconsciously loud.
"What is it then?"
He chuckles and is about to take of my shirt.
"It's your punishmen-

KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK.

We freeze. And wait.
Breathing so loud.
"Did you here tha-
I shut his mouth with my hand. Because I have looked next to me, outside the window.
Right into my father's eyes.
"Aria? Are you in there?"
His voice is so not suitable for this situation.
Downey makes an attempt to say something and I press my hand stronger on his lips.
"Shut. Your. Mouth." I hiss, in a low voice.
I move my body off of Downey and get back on the drivers seat. Making signs for him, to get in the backseat.
"No!" He whispers and crosses his arms. "I won't hide. We have nothing to hide, we're just sitting in a car together."
"It's a fucking Saturday, Downey!" I reply in a hushed tone and point at the backseat.
He rolls his eyes and finally moves his lazy ass.
I sigh and once, am thankful for the mirrored windows in the car.
As Downey has shrunken as small as he can, in the back of the car, I slowly push the window button and my dad appears on the other side.
A more colourful version of his face, stares at me.
"What are you doing?" He says and frowns.
I try to smile and lift up my phone. "I was getting a phone call, so I pulled over."
He nods, seemingly accepting my statement.
"Why did you leave the engine on?"
"Dad, I was just talking for a minute or something."
I roll my eyes and act like the annoyed teenager.
"If you do that again, I'll let you pay for your gas, no matter what your grandmother says." He says in a more serious tone.
I nod.
"Where are you going, anyway?"
My father never talks and now he's turned into the small talk man.
"Your mom told me, you didn't sleep at home last night?"
I shake my head. "No, I was at Aaron's place."
Again, my dad nods and then a smile appears on his lips.
"By the way, I wanted to ask you if you've got Roberts number. I want him to join us for our annual garden party tomorrow."
"Who is Robert?" I ask.
"Oh, yes I remember, I mean Professor Downey." He says and rubs his chin.
"You want to invite my teacher to our garden party?" I say and am a bit stunned.
In the backseat there is an almost unrecognisable gasp, as I say the word teacher.
"He's a kind man, you know. I'm surprised you're not that fond of him."
I roll my eyes again. "I will invite him."
My dad claps with his hands and then slowly moves away from the car.
"I guess, I'll see you later for lunch?"
My smile is forced, but my dad is too excited by the thought of Downey attending his BBQ garden party that he doesn't recognise it.
When I roll up the window and push down the pedal, Downey starts to talk.
"So...."
"You are in New York for the weekend, doing some work. You won't be able to make it, but you send your sincerest apologies." I say and cut him off.
Through the mirror, I can see him raising an eyebrow.
"Aria, you don't decide, wether I'll attend this party or not." His professor voice is coming through.
"Well then, what are you gonna do, Professor?" I ask and grin.
"See you tomorrow, I guess." Downey answers.
I drive a couple of blocks in the direction of his house and pull over. Turning the engine off, I turn towards him in the backseat.
"I'll drop you off here, I have to get back quickly, so I can still make it to lunch."
Downey raises an eyebrow. "And how am I supposed to get home?"
"How about walking? You've got two legs for that." I answer, sarcastic.
He sighs, like an old lady and opens the car door. He gets out and as I'm about to start the car again, Downey gets into the passenger seat.
"What are you doing?" I say and frown.
"Why don't we continue, where we stopped a couple of minutes ago." Downey leans over and his hand caresses my thigh, wandering upwards, over my jeans.
Even though, it's extremely hard, I push his hands away.
"I really need to get home."
His face comes closer and his lips stop beside my ear. Slowly, they start moving.
"But baby, it's cold outside."
Downey sings in a hushed tone into my ear. I shiver and suck in a sharp breath.
"It's June, Downey." I whisper, chuckling.
"Beautiful, please don't hurry."
His singing voice is surprisingly intoxicating.
He starts to laugh and I join.
Downey leans back and puts his hand on the door handle, opening the passenger door.
"I'll see you tomorrow." He says and grins.
"I can't wait, Professor."