Wild.

The captain didn't leave much time to imagination. We had toemergency land. Now.

In Ohio. Infreaking Ohio.

This meant alot of things. But most importantly, it meant that I wouldn't get tobe at the meeting with my landlord to get my keys or at the one withmy boss.

Don't theycheck airplanes before people fly in it? Isn't this the only freakingthing they have to worry about? That everybody gets safely to theirdestination?

We're gettingready for landing in about ten minutes and my mind is working like amachine, trying to find a way to get to New York today.

I could take atrain. Do they still have trains? Or a bus...

How long doesit take to go to New York City to Ohio by bus? I don't freakingknow. And I actually shouldn't have to know.

"About tenhours."

I turn my headand of course, the dark eyes are looking at me. Yes. I've said all ofthese things out loud. No, I've never been diagnosed with a mentaldisorder. They haven't caught me yet.

"Thanks." Ireply and get back to my machine thinking.

"Mypleasure."

Shakingmy head, I look at him again. "No man, don't do that."

Heraises an eyebrow, in question. "Do what?"

"Sayingit like that. It's weird." I say and my forehead wrinkles.

"Areyou know criticizing the way I talk?" Downey has now fully shiftedin his seat and is pointing is torso towards me. I'm having his fullattention now. God, how I hate when that happens.

I obviouslydon't. But that's another story.

"Youdid this on purpose." I argue. "You wanted it to sound likethat."

"Likewhat?" He plays coy. "What did I say?"

"Pleasure."I repeat and try to imitate him the best I can.

Downeyjust starts to laugh and I narrow my eyes. "It's not funny."

"Oh,you're right." He stops and looks serious at me. "It's hilarious." That's when he starts laughing again. It's not a chuckle, helaughs a hearty, deep, full laughter. And it makes the otherpassengers stare. 

Why is this guy laughing? They probably all thinkthat. What's so funny that he seems to have forgotten the fact thatwe have to emergency land in freaking Ohio?

"Youcan't handle me saying 'pleasure'?"

Ishake my head intensively. "No! I didn't mean it like that."

Mydenial only encourages his behavior and it's back to laughing again.

"It'sthe way you said it. Stop trying to make everything you say soundso..." I'm searching for the word, but Downey comes in before me.

"Erotic?"

"Mygod. You did it again!" I hiss and cover my ears.

"Sincewhen can't you listen to me saying sensual things, Aria?" He asksand I shoot him a dangerous look.

"Sex."Downey starts and looks away. "No. That's too plain. We'll have tothink of something more...

"Silent?"I interrupt.

"Subtle."He corrects and moves on. "Satisfaction."

Icringe and he nods. "Yeah, we're getting there."