Home.

"I think I'm getting sick." 

There is no reaction coming from him, other than a little grunt. His eyes are following the words on a sheet of paper. He most definitely is not paying attention. 

"Morgan?" 

"Hm." 

"Did you hear what I just said?" 

"What?" His head finally jerks up and he looks at me rather confused. 

Apparently he did not. 

"I just told you that I'm feeling a cold coming on," I say and lean forward. "What are you reading?" 

He scratches his beard and yawns. "Lockwood wants me to take a look at this novel."

"What is it about?" 

"Some dude, traveling through Asia with an alpaca, trying to find his best friend from High School, who he's been in love with since...High School...I guess," he replies, sounding equally as puzzled as me. 

"What's the alpaca got to do with it?" 

Morgan shakes his head. "I have not gotten around to that part...yet." 

"Fascinating," I reply and lean back into my chair. 

"Not really," Morgan admits and shoves the stack of paper away from him. "So, what's that I heard about you not feeling well?" 

"I have this scratchy feeling in my throat," I explain and place my fingers on it. "It even hurts when I move my head." 

Demonstrating it, while Morgan nods, knowingly. 

"You should get some rest as soon as possible. It's the season, you know?" 

"The season?" 

"Ah yes," he grins, "you're from California. The place of eternal sunshine and great weather." 

"You were saying?" 

"Well, I'm from Seattle, so I can feel the season coming in my veins." 

"What season, Morgan?" 

"Flu season. It's December for god's sake. We haven't had any snow yet, but the temperature is getting lower and people spread their germs all around town." 

"Great. So I'll just die from now on until...let's say March?" I ask, slightly terrified. 

"Let's be safe and say April." 

I groan and immediately start to cough right after. 

"You should really head home," Morgan suggests. "Did you finish the two letters and the thing with the advertisement?" 

I nod. "Yes, but I don't want to call in sick within the first month working here."

"Come on, don't be one of those idiotic people, who never take care of themselves," Morgan leans over and grabs on of my folders. "And since I'm more used to the weather, I'll just finish your reading and send you the outline after lunch, so you can work on the rest at home." 

"You're such a good friend." I sigh and take a long look at him. "Thanks for helping me out." 

As he smiles, the dimples on his face carve themselves into his cheeks and soft wrinkles appear next to his eyes. He has grown out his beard, which suits him quite well and started dressing up more for work. Sometimes he comes in and changes in the bathroom. Arriving in boots and a worn out denim jacket and leaving in a pitch black suit, with a shirt on that always seems a little too big for him.