Say You Want Me.

Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
Every second, every noise, every word, on repeat.
The whole last day was a loop in my head.
Friday. Today was Friday. My parents would be away over the weekend, so I could have the whole two days to myself. I needed to think....think about everything that happened.
I turned towards my alarm clock.
6:30, time to get up. So I took a shower and got dressed, ate a toast and drank a glass of orange juice, brushed my teeth and packed my bag. When I left the house, I realised that it was raining, quite heavy. Luckily I could take my Dad's car, an old metallic blue Mercedes. The rain soaked my jacket as well as the collar of my shirt, letting my hair get frizzy.
Arriving at school, I made my way to my locker, just to feel my phone ringing in the pocket of my jeans.
"Hello?" I said, into the speaker.
The deep voice replied in a proper British accent. "Hey darling, it's nice to hear your voice. How are you today?"
Ahh, his voice made me swoon.
"Now I'm very good, and you?" I answered.
Opening up my locker, I could hear him smiling, through the phone.
"I wanted to ask you if you'd like to go out tomor-
"Miss Hart." Said someone, in a singing voice right behind me. And as I turned around I looked at Downey, coming down the hallway.
I rolled my eyes and continued to walk towards the classroom. "Yes, I'd love to go out. How about 4pm?"
Will answered. "Wonderful, I'll pick you up, text me your address."
Downey speeded up and suddenly was right next to me, laying one arm around my back.
"You still don't know that telephones are not aloud in school?" He said, snapping my phone away.
You could hear Will continue talking.
"Oh, who are you talking to, Aria?"
Downey asked, raising an eyebrow.
"That is non of your business."
Trying to get my phone back, I plumbed into his chest, his warm, muscular chest......
Stop!!!
Suddenly he held the phone next to his ear and started to talk. "Hello? How may I help you?"
"Stop it now!!" I hissed at him.
Downey's eyes lightened up and he held one hand over the speaker, turning towards me. "Shh! It's lover boy."
I gasped, trying to reach my phone, as he started to walk away from me.
"Yes, this is Aria's professor. You do know that phones are not allowed during school, right?....Ahh, well. Just because I'm a concerned educationalist, I'd like to know what kind of relationship you have to my student Miss Hart. I am aware of the fact that you, young man, are attending university."
"Oh my god. Downey!! Give me my phone back!"
Faster, he began to increase the speed and walked in the exact opposite direction we were supposed to go.
"Well, William. I'd rather, you look for someone your own age. I think that would be more appropriate.....yes! Alright. You too. Yes, goodbye."
Said Downey into the speaker, before ending the phone call.
"Are you fucking kidding me?" I whispered.
He looked down the hallway, letting his eyes wander over the lockers.
"He's got a British accent."
"Yes. Will is from England."
"England huh? I don't like the
British guys." He replied, running his right hand through his perfectly messy hair. I'd love to feel it between my fingers again, I know I shouldn't think about this kind of stuff...but I looked at him and my bones ignited.
"Why do you not like British people?"
He frowned. "I said, I don't like British guys. The girls are incredible, I mean, they have a whole different way of coming at you. And the sex...I mean it's just -
"OKAY. That's enough! I don't wanna hear about old people having sex. What did he say?"
Downey laughed and looked at me.
"Oh, you mean lover boy?" He asked, acting surprised.
"Yes. His name is Will."
"Well, he said he didn't like you anyway and that I should go out with you."
I gasped. "He did not say that!"
Downey pouted. "No he did not, but he meant it, I'm sure about that!"
Then he laid one arm around my back.
"C'mon Aria, you can just say you want me. By the way, you Misses, look fine today."
"Do not change the topic, Downey!"
I pushed his arm away. "I don't think this is an appropriate action for a teacher."
Pause.....silence ....
"What did you just call me?" He hissed through his teeth.
I started walking away....fast.
Then he grabbed my arm, abruptly spinning me around. "I repeat. What did you just call me?"
"I called you what you are. A fucking teacher. Don't start playing this 'intimidating' game with me, it won't work." I replied.
He frowned. "Alright. Miss Cocky is back." And leaned away from me.
"Anyway, I wanted to ask you something."
I raised an eyebrow. "Shoot, grandpa."
He exhaled, controlled, trying to calm himself down.
"Again, I told you to not call me that. But ...topic change. I thought, after what ...well...'happened' yesterday..-

"We made out. Yes, I remember." I interrupted.
Downey rolled his eyes. "That term is extremely unaesthetic Aria, so stop using it."
"So every time you want to say 'make out' you say 'it happened'? How old are you, 12 ?"
I started to walk again, leaving him behind.
"I don't want to argue with you now. I actually wanted to ask you if you'd like to hang out tonight?"
Turning around I looked at him, in his hazel eyes, dark, yet filled with fire.
"And I assume by 'hang out' you mean: exchanging our intellectual interests in form of a conversation?"
"Basically. You could also say dinner, but anyway you want it."
Rolling my eyes, I lightly punched him in his stomach. "You're such a hypocrite, you know that, right?"
"I've heard that yes. But I like the term 'fucker of a teacher' a bit more." He replied, grinning at me.
"Don't we have to attend class sometime?" I asked, breaking our eye contact, which had been going on way too long.
He nodded, a bit sad. "Yes...all those unintelligent people in one room. They're not able to count to four." Downey laughed. "Can you believe that?"
"Oh shut it, grandpa."
"You know you'll get that back, right?"
I turned away from him. "I'd like to get back my phone, Sir."
He didn't reply, until we stood in front of the classroom.
"You'll get it back tonight, at around eight-ish. When I'm picking you up."
And then he opened the door, to step in an empty classroom.
"Why is nobody in here?"
I looked at the blackboard, to see a sheet of paper hanging on it. Someone wrote on it: PROFESSOR DOWNEY'S CLASS IS CANCELLED FOR TODAY'.
Downey walked towards the blackboard and ripped the paper of it. "Well, I guess I'm not demonstrating my profession today." He said, his eyes wandering over my body. "But I think I could teach you something else."
I sighed, crossing my arms. "You do practise your pickup lines, don't you?"
He stepped closer, touching my left hip. Sliding his hand down to my back.
"Every night before I go to bed."
"Oh, I'd love to see that." I replied, sarcastically. Leaning a bit more into him than I should.
He smiled, his lips coming closer to my ears.
"I could show you first hand."