I Wanna Be Yours.

"Honey, did you take the drinks outside?"
.....
"Sweetie?"

The voice of my mother resounds through the house, through my shut door. Slowly, I open my eyes and roll over in my bed.
The whole morning, my mother has set up tables and helped with the caterer, preparing drinks and ordering people around the house.
"Aria?"
I hear footsteps coming up the stairs and a knock on the door.
"Yes." I murmur and rub my eyes, slipping from the white covers. As my bare feet touch the floor, I shiver for a moment.
My hand embraces the door knob and with a slight pull, I see my mother, standing on the other side of the door.
"Aria! Why didn't you answer? Where is your sister and why on earth are you still not dressed?"
My mother is wearing a flowery summer dress, which fits her perfectly. She has wavy brown hair, unlike mine and wears it in a loose pony tail. It makes her look much younger, than she actually is.
"A good morning to you too, mother." I reply and smile at her. "I will be down in a minute."
"Alright, but don't take too long, the guests will arrive at three and it's already half past one." Her melodic voice answers.
I sigh and close the door, walking into the bathroom. Undressing quickly, throwing my clothes on the floor, I step into the shower.
The warm water runs over my body and relaxes my muscles. I wash my hair and rinse it, scraping my skin with the lemon scrub I got from Lush.
As I walk down the stairs, dressed in a white summer dress, already five women are preparing little appetisers in the kitchen. Managing around them, I grab a bowl and a box of cereal from the cupboard. The honey loops pour into the bowl and combine with the milk.
I sit down at the table and observe the scene. The annual summer BBQ of our family, is planned and hosted like a Gatsby Party. I don't even know, why it's called a BBQ, my father doesn't even grill anything on his own. He just wanders around in his summer suit and makes small talk with people he doesn't know, making them feel like old friends of the family.
"Excuse me, m'am. Am I allowed to clear the table?"
The voice suddenly rips me out of my observing and I look up into a pair of bright eyes.
The British accent confuses me and I have to shake my head for a second.
"I'm sorry, what did you say?"
The young man smiles and shows a row of beautiful white teeth. His blond hair, which is cut shorter on the sides, is perfectly styled, messy.
The little blond stubble on his face, makes him look a bit older.
"Deeply sorry for interrupting your though progress, m'am. I was wondering if I could clear the dining table, it has to be set for the appetisers." He replies, so unbelievably posh that I force myself to sit up straight and straighten my dress.
"Yes, of course. I'm sorry, I was just finishing breakfast." I say and smile.
The young man nods and bows a little.
"Who are you?" I blurt out, a bit ungraceful.
"Alexander Crawley, m'am. I'm helping out as a waiter. "
He straightens his uniform and smiles, again.
"Well, I'm Aria, I live here."
"I know, m'am. Your the daughter."
"Stop calling me m'am, you sound like a footman from Downton Abbey." I get up and stretch out my hand. Alexander embraces it with his large fingers and carefully squeezes it.
"Pleased to make your acquaintance, Miss Hart."
"It's Aria." I say and smile.
Alexander joins and nods. "Aria, an utterly melodic name."
"British guy!" Another man, dressed in the same uniform as Alexander shouts, pointing at him. "Set the table, we have an hour left."
He nods and looks back at me. "I'm sorry Aria, I hope we will have the chance to engage in further conversation, some time."
I smile and watch him walk outside, to get the delivered plates.
"Aria! The drinks!"
My mother shouts from the living room, now in a more serious tone.
I sigh and go outside.

----- 3 o'clock -----

The doorbell rings.
People and people rush inside the house. Friends of my parents, telling me how beautiful I look and asking me, what my plans are for the summer.
Constantly, standing next to the door, I'm getting more and more tired and bored. The only thing, keeping me entertained, is Hannah, who's constantly trying to manage to stay away from my dad, who tries to introduce her to men. My father is convinced that she has to settle down soon, or at least find a husband....he's got kind of a weird opinion, about that sort of thing.
The doorbell rings again.
Abruptly, I swing the door open and look in the stormy eyes.
"Miss Hart, what a pleasure."
I'm surprised by his polite tone, but then I see someone standing next to him, John.
"John. What a surprise." I say and stretch out my hand.
He quickly shakes it and suddenly, pulls me into a hug. I'm astonished by his behaviour, but amused, as I look at Downey's face.
He's definitely not happy.
"Alright John, that's enough." His hands pull his younger brother apart from me.
"Why don't you come on in." I say and open the door a little further.
John walks in first and Downey holds me back, before I follow him.
"Aria, wait." He whispers and I frown.
"What's up?"
"I didn't mean to bring him, he just kind of invited himself."
I laugh. "No problem, my dad doesn't even know half the people at this party."
Suddenly his lips are on my ear and his raspy voice whispers.
"Then he won't mind, if you leave for a second. Let's go to your room."
I'm shocked by his forwardness and can only stutter something not really understandable in return.
"I-I ca-can't."
Downey grins. "C'mon. I haven't....I mean we haven't....I haven't seen you in two days."
"Only yesterday, what's wrong with you?" I say and start walking into the living room.
He starts following me and his hand is resting on my back, as I stand in front of the dinner table, pouring myself a glass if champagne.
"Wait, Miss Hart, let me do that." Alexander's voice resounds from behind and Downey immediately turns around.
"Thanks Alexander, but I can pour a glass of champagne on my own." I say and finish the task.
Downey still looks with narrowed eyes at the waiter.
"And it's Aria."
Alexander smiles. "Aria." He repeats delicately and holds my glance. My name sounds different in a British accent, I like it.
"Where are you from?" I ask.
"Hampshire, it's in the south of England." Alexander answers.
"I'd love to go to England some time." I say and let my mind wander off. "You definitely have to tell me what places to visit."
"I would be delighted. Every conversation with you is an utter pleasure." He says and I blush, unconsciously.
Downey sighs and almost feel him rolling his eyes.
"Don't you have to wait tables or something? I think some people need a refill on the champagne." He says in a sarcastic voice.
But Alexander doesn't lose his posture, neither his temper.
"Marvellous idea, Sir, we don't want to cross any of the other guests. I hope you have a wonderful day." Alexander bows a little, like he does and glances up at me. "Aria."
Turning around, with a large tray, he gently walks outside.
As soon as Alexander walked out, Downey turns towards me.
"What's wrong with you?" I say, stopping him saying anything.
"Wrong with me?" Downey replies, surprised.
"Yes. You didn't have to send him away, it was rude."
"Rude? I was polite. Appropriately polite."
"You can be such an asshole sometimes, Downey." I hiss.
He raises an eyebrow and grins. "I thought that was something you liked about me."
I roll my eyes and we start walking through the house.
People pass us, without recognition.
We walk upstairs, making out way through the crowd in the second living room. As we stand in front of my bedroom, he stops me.
"Two days."
"You're a sick, sick man."
"Tell me something I don't know." He whispers back.
His hands are on my hips and I shiver.
"Aria." He mumbles in a raspy voice. "I wanna be yours."
"Downey I don't think we-
"Let me, be yours."