Steal Your Heart.

As soon as I can realise, what just happened, Downey's lips are on mine again. His breathing gets heavier and I feel the urge in his kiss getting stronger. Hands are touching skin and my fingers bury themselves in his messy hair. My mind slowly shuts down and it gets me high, giving me goosebumps all over my skin.

But suddenly reality ruins my life and I remember where we are and who we actually are.

"Stop...wait." I mumble, between his kisses.

But that only encourages him to move closer and shut me up again.

"No, not now. Don't let your consciousness ruin it." His voice is husky and a bit raspy.

But I pull away and press my hands against his chest, increasing the distance between us.

He groans and rolls his eyes.

"We can't do this right now."

"That didn't bother you before." Downey grins and attempts to lean over again.

"I need to go now. Can you please leave?"

Quickly, his mood changes. "Seriously? You're such a tease, Aria!"

"You're not so bad at it yourself." I snap back and get an almost unrecognisable grin from him.

"What are your plans for tonight, anyway?"

I feel the urge inside of me coming up, to rub my date with Bryan into his deliciously perfect face. But I resist.

"Dinner, with my family." I reply, with a forced casual tone.

Downey sighs and rubs a spot under his left eyebrow. "I think I should come."

I frown and try to find an excuse, if he is serious. "Since when does dinner with my family, involve you?"

"Since your sister has the hots for me."

He doesn't even try to hide his smile and I could punch him in the face, for that.

"She doesn't have the hots for you, okay? She was just being nice. And she has a really nice boyfriend, who is a doctor and heals children for living and you only are a professor. What do you bring to the world?"

"You mean, besides good looks? I think, educating people is utterly important. So, not everybody has to end up like you."

.......

"You're such a bastard." I mumble, lock the door and start the car.

"That's one reason, why I have no friends."

"One reason?" The car moves towards the exit and I look over my shoulder to make sure, no one was coming.

"Well, I often have a problem with the women. They can't keep their hands off of me. And it's hard to keep a relationship, when your wife wants to fuck your friend. Don't you think?"

"Fair enough." I say, sarcastic.

"Where are we going?"

I increase the speed and we cross the Garden-street.

"I'm driving you home."

"You don't know where I live."

"I'm pretty sure, you will tell me."

He crosses his arms and looks out of the window. "What if I don't want to go home?"

Rolling my eyes, I slam my hand against the steering wheel. "Can you just once act like an adult?"

"What's with you today? You're so...not fun."

"What? Excuse me?" My eyes widen in astonishment. "I'm always funny. I'm like totally funny! I'm the most hilarious person I know!"

Downey laughs and I try to keep my eyes on the road. "Alright, Kanye West. You're Jesus."

"Thanks. I know." I say.

We both drive in silence for a while and soon I begin to realise that I don't even know where to go.

"You really have to tell me, where you live." I repeat.

He doesn't look very pleased, but eventually tells me the street name and I follow his directions.

We drive a bit further out of the valley, into an area where I've never been before.

The silence between us begins to feel comfortable, so we just enjoy the sound that comes from the wheels turning and air passing by.

As I pull up in front of his house, I'm surprised of how big and home-like it looks. Painted blue and white, big windows and some flowers in the front lawn.

"It's ..." I begin.

"It's...?" He tries to finish my sentence.

"So, beach house." I finish.

Downey raises one eyebrow. "Maybe that's because it is one."

"Wait a second. Where is the beach?" I ask, searching for the sea.

"Come in and I'll show you."

I was just about to open my door, when I hesitate and grin at him. "Oh you jerk. I certainly won't come in. I bet, there is no beach and no water." I say, poking him with my finger. "You're just trying to get me into your house."

He looks surprised and I can see that he's playing.

"What? I'd never do that!"

We both smile at each other and I open the door. "When there is no beach, I will hurt you, badly."

"I can't wait." Downey says, winking at me.

We walk towards the front entrance, which is a big porch, with a little sand brown sofa on it and some books spread out next to it.

"Very artsy." I say.

"I'll do what I can." He replies and with a quick movement, opens the door.

He steps aside and reaches for my hand.

"Come in, don't be shy. I heard the view is great and the owner is extremely handsome. He'll maybe let you stay, for some time."

I smirk and take his stretched out hand. "Some time?"

"As long as it takes, to steal your heart."