New Problems.

"This is thefourth bag of chips." He states. "You know that right?"

My head turnstowards him and I almost bump my forehead against his. "Keep yourdistance!"

Movingbackwards with my upper body, I shove another hand of chips into mymouth.

"And sincewhen are you concerned about my eating habits?" I snap, but Downeyonly grins the familiar way. His eyes wander over to the bag and hestretches out his hand. Immediately, I pull my arms away and gasp.

Don't touch me. Please don't touch me.

"You're not big on sharing, are you?" He asks and raises hishand, trying to get the flight attendant's attention.

"Oh." I mouth and hold the blue plastic bag towards him. "Ididn't know you wanted some."

"Since when do you eat so much?" Downey asks and I frown.

"Airplanes make me hungry." I reply. "And the chips are verygood."

He shrugs his shoulders and leans over, snapping a handful out of thebag. And that's when his ring finger slides over my wrist. Withouthesitation, the beat of my heart seems to run away, with all of mymind control and mature decisions I have made over the last couple ofmonths. I can inhale his scent. Oh god. What's happening?

And he's wearing a new cologne. Something that smells like wood andleather, like a cabin in the woods filled with lemons and mintleaves.

What am Ieven thinking? Mint leaves? Cabin in the woods? Get your shittogether!

Why doesn't the brain function without the influence of the heart?Why is it attached? My judgement is so damn cloudy, I feel like it'sgonna rain if I don't do something.

"Why are you going to New York?" Downey starts small talk and Ifreeze.

"Pee."

It's the only thing I manage to pronounce.

"Excuse me?" He mumbles under his breath and frowns.

"I need to pee." I repeat, properly. Getting on my feet, I feel aslight change in my stomach. Maybe four bags of tiny airplane chipsweren't the best decision.

"Are you sure?"

"About what?" I say and lean my arm agains the seat.

"About going to the restroom." He answers and raises an eyebrow.

"What?" I reply. "Of course I'm sure. I've never been any morecertain about something in my entire life."

The sarcasm seems to amuse him and he starts chuckling. It's thesweet sound I haven't heard properly for about seven months and italready starts to throw everything around in my stomach. Could be thechips, though.

I make my way down the aisle, towards the toilets. It says 'vacant'on the little sign on the door and I sigh. Thank you, god.

Quickly, I move inside and shut the door. When I catch my glance inthe mirror, I moan. I look like a worn out sneaker. My hair iscompletely destroyed and looks like a bird's nest. My lips are dry,as is my skin. Feeling like the african desert, I turn on the waterand splash some of it in my face.

Better.

There is a knock on the door, as I'm about to actually pee. "Whatpart of 'occupied' do people not understand?" I whisper to myselfand get up. I pull the little silver knob to the left and open thedoor. Suddenly, I am pushed back into the cabin, with such a forcethat I cant help but squeak a little.