What A Wonderful Start!

I hate these hallways, I hate my locker, I hate school. Only 2 months left, until graduation!The only thing that kept me from staying in bed for the day. The air in this school seemed to completely suffocate me, with its smell of germicide and sweaty teenagers. The bell rang and I walked to class, as slowly as possible.

Our school provided a college preparation program for all of the seniors, which started 3 months before graduation. Each student could pick a subject, they're interested in. Every subject was taught by one professor from a university somewhere in America.

So we all were divided into different groups, but annoyingly enough, my 'mentor' hadn't arrived yet, so he kind of was 3 weeks late. The principal said that he was a very good professor, who came from New York and had to finish his projects there, before he could teach at our school. Apparently, Mr. So-Important, was the best, when it came to English and 'creative writing', well....that's what they all told us. But honestly, I was quite pissed. We already wasted a month with doing nothing. And instead of preparing for college, we had to do volunteer work with the freshmen, which was death! Or death was probably even nicer, than all of these little brats.

Surprisingly, when I arrived at the classroom for the first time, it was stocked with people. We were about 45 people, all waiting for something to happen. Throughout the 3 weeks, a lot them changed classes or just didn't come back, so we were reduced to about 20 people.

Today the freshmen all went on a field day, so there actually wasn't anything to do for us, but the teachers told us to to sit there and wait.

When I got to the classroom, I sat down and stared out of the window. Most of the others were asleep and some were texting or doodling. Seconds later, my phone rang and I left the room. The display showed my friend Aaron, taking a selfie with his Zac Efron Pop-Up Figure. . Yes.... he is....different.

"What's up?" I asked, closing the classroom door behind me. "Aria!!" He screamed into the phone.

I started laughing. "What's wrong with you?"

"I wanted to ask you, if you could get me my chemistry book from my locker when you leave today? I'm sick, but I forgot the homework Mrs. Laurens gave us and it's due tomorrow." He replied.

I reached for my hair and tried to pull out the uncomfortably hair band. "Sure, no problem!"

"Well, how is your day going? I heard the professor is still not there?" Aaron asked, yawning.

My anger started to grow again. "No, the freshmen are on a field day, so we have to sit here all day doing nothing. We can't even go home, it's boring as hell! And all just because this 'fucker of a teacher', thinks he is better than everyone else and wastes our preparation time!"

As I ripped my hairband out, someone behind me cleared his throat. Slowly I turned around and held one hand on my phone, covering the speaker.

"May I help you?" I asked sarcastically.

He was not very tall, but his wavy out-of-bed-looking hair made him seem like he was. Wearing a blue shirt, with a grey tie, which showed his quite muscular chest, under a black leather jacket. His eyes were covered with dark sunglasses, not giving me a chance to analyze his facial expression. He had one hand in the pocket of his dark jeans and the other one scratching his stubble. Without saying anything, he just looked at me, creeping me the fuck out!

"I said, can I help you?" I repeated.

His raspy, deep voice made me shiver inside. "No you didn't."

I frowned. "Excuse me?"

The man sighed, raising one eyebrow. "You did not say, 'can I help you'. You said 'may I help you', which has a completely different connotation, sending the receiver, which in this case, is me, a different impression of yours."

"Alright smart-ass." I said, ending the call with Aaron. "Who are you?"

A smirk grew on his face. "I think you already described me in a rather flattering way."

Quite surprised I glanced at him, my eyes wandering over his figure, with a questioning look on my face.

Taking of his sunglasses, he opened the classroom door. "I think it was ...'fucker of a teacher'. And as far as I'm concerned, using the phone in school isn't allowed." Taking the phone out of my hand, putting it in a pocket inside of his jacket. "That's a detention. Leaving the classroom during class, without the permission of a teacher. Another detention. And well, calling the teacher a 'fucker'..hmmm..." He looked like he was thinking about something. "Well, I don't know how good you are with your brain, you know, at maths....or thinking? So, 1....2.....that would be 3 detentions." Folding the sides of his sunglasses and entering the room "Oh and, close the door behind you, would you."

Great. For once, you get the chance to impress a professor and of course, you Aria, piss him off, before the class has even started. What a wonderful start!