Broken Mirror: Part Three

"Everything will be done by Cheryl. Cheryl will gather the money packets. Only she will touch the money. Cheryl will make the drop. If she is wired or if you use a look-a-like, Patricia dies. Cheryl will get in her car. No one is to be in the car with her, no one is to follow her no air surveillance, and no car surveillance of any kind will be tolerated. I will give directions over a cell phone as Cheryl drives. She must make the drop at exactly 3:00 A.M. She will follow each instruction to the letter."

The unsub's message was clear, and Cheryl did just that. She packed the money into one duffel bag, making sure to fill it to the brim with every single stack. Just for good measure, Derek and Hotch were going with her to make sure that everything was in place. The unsub might not do what he says or there could be more than one person so it was smart to take the two agents.

Spencer was hooking the computer up to the GPS in Cheryl's car so he could track it wherever it went, even if she got lost or the unsub hijacks her in any way shape or form. No matter what happens, Cheryl will be covered in every way there is. As soon as the trio left, you called Derek on his phone just to keep in contact with your teammates.

"Cheryl's car has GPS. We'll be able to track her," Spencer said as you leaned over his shoulder to look at the computer screen. The phone was close to his mouth so Derek heard every word he said.

"The first thing he's gonna do is have her switch cars. Where are we headed?"

"Where are they headed, Spence?" you asked.

"Let's see," he muttered, typing on the computer until the map popped up. "An address which appears to be a rental car lot."

"Keep an eye out and be careful please," you told Derek right before hanging up. Sighing, you fell into the seat next to Spencer and looked at him with careful eyes.

"What?"

"Nothing, just trying to figure you out," you muttered to yourself, but he heard you loud and clear. All you could do at this point is wait, but you couldn't help but notice something odd. Evan's security team was inside the house, but there was one person who keeps missing all of the action.

"What's wrong?" the doctor asked, noticing the look on your face.

"Isn't is kind of weird that Vincent is missing all of this? He seems to disappear right when the calls or something important is happening."

"You're right. Where is he?"

"That's what we have to figure out."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just like you predicted, the drop didn't go as planned. Instead of it being about the money, it was set up as a second kidnapping. Cheryl was almost taken from the car lot if it hadn't been for Derek and Hotch there. The unsub got away, and the first thing they did was bring Cheryl back to her house where she was safe. When her father heard about this, he visibly and emotionally freaked out until he could see her for himself.

"Cheryl's alright," Derek assured when the trio returned. Evan immediately went to his daughter who held the duffel bag of cash in his hand. It was never about the money. The phone started ringing and you knew who it was and what they had to say. Everyone headed over to the machine, and you made sure the room was silent before pressing the button.

"That was fun, wasn't it? A little running around and getting our pulses racing. Are you there, Cheryl? Are you there?! Tell me you didn't feel a slight tingle, a thrill run up your spine. Huh? But those clever and cunning FBI agents deduced my little plan just in time. They figured it out. If they hadn't, I would have had you both. The whole set. The matching pair," the unsub laughed. Looking over at Spencer, you noticed he typed 'collector' since he was trying to take notes on the unsub the more he revealed about himself.