Somebody's Watching: Part Three

You know the kind of unsub your team is hunting, you know the victimology, and you know the motive. Now, it's time to give the profile to the rest of the officers at the police station.

"With this unsub, we're looking at a compound profile: a type-four delusional assassin with an erotomanic fixation on the actress Lila Archer," Hotch begins.

"Erotomanics are a form of a stalker who posses the delusional belief that another person, usually of a higher social status, is in love with them," you explain.

"In the United States, at any given time, there are over two hundred thousand people being stalked."

"Our unsub is having a fantasy love affair with Lila Archer in the way John Hinkley did with Jodie Foster," Hotch says. "Miss Archer was not aware of her stalker until yesterday. He wasn't trying to impress her. He was more like an unwanted, very violent guardian angel."

"When the stalker feels as if they've been in some way betrayed by their love object, this often leads to violence against the target," Gideon takes over. "In the case of John Robert Bardo when actress Rebecca Schaeffer took a role where she had to have a sexual relationship with another character, it was enough to force him to snap and seek her out to kill her."

"Those stalkers can be either male or female. It's most likely we're looking for a single male, a loner who is in his late twenties to early forties. Very intelligent with ample time to follow his victim and study her habits."

"As of yet, the unsub has not directed any violence towards Miss Archer," Spencer says, "but he has shifted his focus from those around her to her directly."

"This doesn't preclude the fact that anyone who has the vaguest association with Miss Archer is a potential target. Thank you."

If everyone around Lila is a major threat, then there have to be officers and agents around her at all times, and that means being with her at work. Your team was offered a trailer that they weren't using as a "base" on her set so that's where you and your team are at right now. It's hard to come up with a game plan when you don't have all the facts. Like, for example, without more "evidence", then you're not sure if the unsub is going to come onto the set or if he's going to leave stuff at her house. If he knows where she works and knows her schedule, then you're sure he knows where she lives.

No one knows what to do right now, and that's what's bothering most of your team. You have to wait for the unsub to make another move, and you're not sure how long it's going to take. Thankfully, your question is answered when Lila comes into the trailer with a robe on her.

"I have another note," she sighs and hands it over to Gideon who reads it out loud. "Lila, I've always been so good to you. Why would you go to the police?"

"Our stalker sounds like someone she knows," you clear your throat, "based on the tense of the verb."

"Maybe it's time to get her off the street," Derek suggests.

"There's been no physical threat to her. She might be safe just staying put as opposed to anywhere else," Spencer says.

"I'm standing right here, guys," Lila sighs.

"If we did remove you, we'd have to take you to an undisclosed location. I'm sure your stalker knows where you live."

"I'm not having the whole show close down. I only need one more scene to shoot. Last night I decided I wasn't gonna be afraid of this lunatic. Am I safe here?" she asks Detective Kim.

"The set's cleared of everyone except essential personnel, and we have increased security at the gate."

The door opens, and a young woman pops her head in. You frown, getting weird vibes off her. She is calm yet angry. She is determined yet casual. There is something about her that tips you off, but you don't know what it is yet.