Riding the Lightning: Part One

"Who so sheddeth man's blood by man shall his blood be shed." - Genesis 9:6

You and Spencer are moving slowly toward being something more than friends. He still hasn't kissed you, and you're not going to kiss him until you know for sure it's what he wants. You can't bear to work with him if you made the first move that he never wanted. You don't want to have to leave the team because it's so awkward to work with him. He'd never treat you anything less than what you deserve, but he would always remember the kiss he never wanted. You can't do that to yourself.

So, instead of worrying about making the first move, you decide to encourage him to make it himself. To do that, you thought some secret notes hidden in secret places would be a fun way to watch him squirm. He's not used to physical attraction from women, so it'll be fun to watch him blush and smile shyly at your notes.

To do this without being caught, you have to show up before he does—and that's fucking early. However, you're committed to this little plan of yours. No one is in the office when you arrive, so you make a beeline to his desk and take a seat. His desk is so messy despite being so organized in everything else. Still, you find the sticky notes easily. You're not going to write a big note, just something small to make him smile.

You have just the thing to write, but a small blonde woman pops up behind you, scaring the absolute shit out of you.

"JJ what the hell? You fucking scared me!" you pant.

"What are you doing?" she asks with a smile.

"I'm, you know, working."

"At Spencer's desk?"

"Yes. Yes, I am. I didn't want to go to my desk. Too far," you chuckle.

"You mean the one that's closest to the door? Right here?" she asks and points to your desk directly across from Spencer's.

"Okay if you're going to grill me, I guess I'll tell you," you roll your eyes playfully. "I'm leaving little cute notes for him to find."

"That's cute, but it's just going to be easier if you tell him how you feel."

"True, but this way, I get to watch him squirm," you smirk. "You can't say anything. Please."

"My lips are sealed," she laughs and walks away. "Have fun."

Now with her permission, you grab a pen and the sticky note pad to write down your little note.

You're very cute ;)

You want to start off easy so as to not really scare him or come off as strong or anything. Something you love about Spencer is how he keeps a bottle of his own sugar in his desk drawer because whenever he gets coffee in the break room, he uses a mountain of sugar. He doesn't want to take the sugar in the break room, so he keeps a bottle of his own to use as much of it as he wants.

You place the note on top of the sugar bottle and close the drawer. He likes to come in early, so he's going to be in soon. As to not reveal yourself, you head back to your own desk and take one of the files in the basket on your desk. Spencer comes in a few minutes later, and he smiles when he sees you.

"Good morning, Y/N. What are you doing here this early?" he asks and sets his bag down on his chair.

"I wanted to finish some of these files before the case today. I hear it's a tearjerker, so I just want to clear my plate as much as possible before we leave."

"What's the case? No one told me."

"We're going to prison to figure out if this serial killer couple has more victims we don't know about. Not fun stuff," you chuckle.