Somebody's Watching: Part Four

As soon as the set wrapped up, Spencer and Lila left to go back to her place. She has no idea what is going on, and you'd hate to be the person to tell her. Spencer can take care of it since he apparently can't be away from her for more than five minutes. You hate what this is doing to you because you've never been this person. Spencer isn't even yours, so you have no right to feel so possessive over him. Still, your mind comes up with the worst-case scenario.

When Spencer arrives at her house, he calls you to let you know he's arrived.

"Yeah, we're pulling up right now. There's a marked car out front."

"Alright, make sure to do a sweep of the house and outside. We have no clue where this guy is."

"Yeah. Got it. I'll check it out. Are you okay?"

"Focus on the case, Spencer. I'll talk to you later," you hang up.

You hate being so harsh to him, but it's like you have no control over it. You find Derek and Kim to let them know what Spencer said.

"They've arrived at her house, and he's checking the place out."

Derek's phone rings, and when he sees it's Elle, he answers it and puts it on speakerphone. You know you'll have to check something out, so you three head over to the car.

"Morgan, it's Elle. We found a manila envelope on Michael Ryer's desk. It's full of photos."

"Okay...?"

"Well, they're candid shots of Lila Archer nude. I'm guessing he's probably paying someone off to keep them out of the press."

"Do we know who sent them?" you ask as you get into the car.

"The name on the envelope was Joe Martinez."

"The paparazzi?" Kim asks, confused.

"You know him?"

"Yeah, I dealt with him a lot."

"Elle, we're on it," Derek says and hangs up.

Because Kim has dealt with Joe a lot, he knows exactly where he lives. Of course, it's right in the middle of the city where he can get the best scoop without having to travel far. His place is a studio apartment on the top floor of a building, but there is no car around it signaling he might not be home. However, just because there are no cars around, that doesn't mean someone isn't home.

You leave the car with your FBI vest on and your gun in hand. It's only you, Derek, and Detective Kim, so it's a lot easier to stay quiet than if there were a ton of officers here trying to ambush him. You quietly head up the stairs until you reach his front door.

"FBI! Martinez!!" Derek yells but receives no answer.

He gives him a few moments before busting the door open. The apartment is a lot smaller than you thought it was going to be, so everything is on display in one room. Even the bathroom is small, so because the door is wide open, you can see everything in the bathroom.

There is a small section off to the side, and you turn the corner with your gun drawn. There is no one in the room, but that's not why you lower the gun in shock. Joe Martinez is a photographer, and this entire section of his apartment is filled with pictures of Lila. There are so many pictures that most of them are hung on the wall, but there are still a lot of them on the table in front of you.

"See? This guy's a real scumbag," Kim scoffs.

"You got that right. What's this?" Derek asks.

He points to a sheet of paper that is on the wall that looks like some sort of schedule.