The Tribe: Final Part

Author's Note: This episode deals with a lot of Native American talk/history/etc. I am not familiar with this topic at all, so I kind of used the slang/language/information that was given in the show. If I offend anyone or get something wrong, please let me know so I can change it :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You arrive at the motel cautiously since you don't know what you're walking into. The place seems empty, and you don't feel anyone on the property except for the Grandfather–well, you hope it's him. You feel someone here, but it's only one person. You thought this was a whole organization.

"Hotch, I only feel one person here. I thought this was organized by a whole group."

"It is."

"Well, they're not here."

You and your team get out with guns drawn as you head into the motel. You check different rooms, but all of them turn up empty. The last room you end up in, you know that the person is in here. You know that it's Cally. He is standing by the window with his back to you and your team. He is calm and collected, and you feel no remorse, guilt, or panic come from him.

"FBI, don't move. Put your hands out to the side and turn around very slowly," Hotch orders, but he doesn't listen. "Jackson Cally!" No response either. "Grandfather!"

"There's no one else here, Hotch," Derek whispers when he joins Hotch in the room.

"Where are the others?"

"Hunting," Cally grins and finally turns.

You stay right where you are as Derek goes to him and cuffs him. He doesn't struggle or fight, but he lets Derek take him away. He isn't going anywhere right now until you find out where his group is and what they are planning on doing. You won't be able to get anything out of this guy even if you tried.

"Can you get anything?" Hotch whispers to you.

"Hotch, that guy has built a wall so thick, I can't penetrate it. He's very good at hiding what he wants because I can't sense a damn thing about him–not even how he's feeling."

"Okay," he nods.

Since Jackson Cally is captured, Spencer called at just the right moment to let you know what he and Gideon found out about him.

"What did you find out?" you ask Spencer over the phone.

"Jackson Gordon Cally. Thirty-two years old, and spent most of his childhood moving from foster home to foster home."

"They all do," you sigh. "Hang on a second. I'm gonna put you on speaker." You gather around your team and place him on speakerphone. "Go ahead, Spence."

"Simply another sad but unremarkable statistic. Aside from the fact that he had an IQ of 189."

"Any criminal record?" Hotch asks.

"At eighteen, he spent twenty-two months in prison for auto theft. I just spoke to the warden at the prison, and he said when he was there, he found religion and began preaching to his fellow inmates. That he once convinced a mass murderer he was doing time with to beat an inmate to death that was threatening Cally."

"Ever since he was a child, this guy just survived on cunning and force of personality," Gideon adds.

"He spent twenty-two months in the clink, was released, and then bounced from university to university, studying Native American cultures."

"Okay, thank you," you state and hang up after he says it's okay.

"What's his connection to the Apache?" Blackwolf asks.