Poison: Final Part

Swat, police, and your team arrived at this place to get this guy, but it's not safe enough to go in without the SWAT team going in first. They are the ones who have the gas masks, so it's much safer for them. Mr. Edward Hill lives in a not-great part of town, and his place is more like a warehouse than anything. Through one of the loading docks, the SWAT barely pushed up the roll-up door and tossed in a smoke bomb to flush this guy out. He's in here, you know it.

Once safe, they go rushing in. You have to stay outside until they give you the all clear. When you hear it, Hotch leads the team inside the building. You quickly move throughout the house, following the trail of utter defeat and betrayal. The angry red is enough for you to see where this guy is. He's also nervous about being found out, but you got him.

He's in a closed-off room, and you creak the door open silently to see him staring out the window with his back to you. You creep up behind him and forcefully push the barrel of your gun into his back.

"Don't move," you growl. "I got him!"

Derek and Hotch enter your room to put Edward in handcuffs, and you lower your gun with a sigh. They take him away, but the weird thing about this all, is that he didn't even fight you. Usually, once they are in handcuffs and away from the threat of a gun, they start shouting and begging that it wasn't them—not him. He's calm, collected, and completely chill. Even after you got him set up in the interrogation room, he doesn't seem like this is affecting him at all.

"He let us take him. He didn't kill himself. It doesn't fit the profile of a workplace killer," Hotch says from inside the room next to the interrogation room.

Edward is staring at the wall in front of him, but he's careful not to look into the mirror, which is a two-way mirror, allowing you to see inside the room and at him.

"Sometimes you miss the mark," Gideon shrugs. "Let's be glad we did. He's our best chance at stopping the next attack."

"Well, his lab had traces of Botulism toxin, but no clues as to what he's up to next," Hanover says from the door.

"Our only chance is to make him tell us," you say.

"You think he will?"

"Once caught, these types usually do. They want the whole world to know about their brilliant plan to destroy their enemies," Spencer states.

"In case he doesn't give it up, let's play every angle. We need to re-examine everything we know about this guy."

"I'll check witness reports, forensic evidence, and anything that might be a clue to this guy's plan," Spencer sighs and looks at Gideon.

"A lot of lives could be at stake."

"No pressure, huh?" you whisper and rub his arm compassionately.

All he does is nod and leaves the room to try and save the world.

"I want you to stay out here, okay? Hotch and I can handle him," Gideon says after Hotch had already gone into the room.

"Yeah, okay," you nod.

He wouldn't have said that if he didn't have a reason, and you're in no position right now to ask him about it. He walks into the room and closes the door behind him. You stand right outside the mirror and watch this whole thing.

"You were romantically involved with Lynn Dempsey, Mr. Hill?" Hotch asks.

"Is that what she said?"

"That's what her sister said. What happened to her?"

"The fact is, Lynn was already dead. That company killed her years ago."

"They kill you, too?"

"Well, they might as well have. They took everything from me. Fruits of my labor—best years of my life. They took my family, and when there was nothing left to take, they took two-thirds of my salary and my health insurance."