Natural Born Killer: Part Two

"How are you feeling?" Spencer asks later that day.

You can't ever escape your gift, but you can give yourself a break. When you got back to Quantico, you went on a walk around the entire BAU property. It gave you time to relax and separate yourself from the case. It's big enough for you to stretch that walk for at least two hours. You came back to work with a fresh mind.

"Better, actually. I went on a long walk. It helps to clear my mind," you smile.

"Well jump back in because the third victim was found," Derek announces when he walks into the briefing room. "He was positively ID'd as a low-level mob guy. Frederick "Freddy" Condore. He was the nephew of the older couple. His body parts were found in 7 different trash cans 2 blocks from the crime scene."

"Were they able to completely reassemble the body?" Spencer asks.

"Killer didn't keep any trophies," Derek nods.

"Is there any evidence that he got off?"

"No."

"Garcia has a number of unsolved murders in D.C., Virginia and Maryland over the past 15 years. Many of them have ties to organized crime all different M.O.s."

"What's the connection?" you ask.

"Torture. The marks on the bones are consistent with the same cutting tool," Derek answers.

"So, wait, let me get this straight. We have tortured victims, most tied to organized crime, and no signs of sexual sadism? We're looking for a hit man," you piece the puzzle together.

"No, a hit man doesn't need to torture to get the job done."

JJ walks in the room with a piece of paper in her hands, and she places it on the table before speaking. As soon as you see who's on the paper, you audible gasp.

"Two things--Baltimore just forwarded a sketch of the man running from the scene and, uh, you've got some agents out there who think that you're poaching on their turf."

"I'll handle it," Gideon offers and leaves the room.

"That's the same guy I saw in the house."

"Are you sure he's not our unsub?" Derek asks.

"It didn't come across to me as that."

Gideon left the door open so that you're able to hear everything they're saying out in the hallway. Looks like Josh Cramer, the special agent in charge of organized crime from Baltimore is coming in and taking over the case. They don't want you, Gideon, Hotch, or anyone else on the team looking into this because you have enough "psychos" on your hands. It's clear to you that they have some kind of connection to this case, otherwise they'd be excited to have all the help they can get. Gideon doesn't want to start anything, so he says they can take over and returns to the room, closing the door.

"So we just gonna drop it?" Derek asks.

Gideon heads to the white board and starts writing stuff down on it.

"These guys don't know what they're dealing with," Elle says.

"Our unsub is male, intelligent, organized, and methodical. He has the confidence of a man who's been killing for a long time. Only victim removed from the scene is Freddy Condore indicating some tie to him. Y/N, you and Reid stay on Condore's background with Garcia. Dig deep and see what turns up."

"You got it," you nod and look at Spencer.

"Condore worked as a supervisor at a scrap metal yard in Baltimore. It's owned by a guy named Michael Russo--boss of a small mob crew. I'm gonna grab Hotch and go check him out," Derek offers.